Pipe basket

Billy Joe

Whalehead King wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:06 pm In most cases, an impressive rack is overrated, more show than function. You can read that sentence anyway you see fit
I had to read that twice to see what you did there. I think I'm slowing down. :shock:
Whalehead King

Billy Joe wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:06 pm In most cases, an impressive rack is overrated, more show than function. You can read that sentence anyway you see fit
I had to read that twice to see what you did there. I think I'm slowing down. :shock:
It gets better after the sixth time. As anyone with a nice pipe rack can tell you, familiarity invites appreciation. You can read that sentence any way you see fit. I'm not easily impressed by a nice rack, but I like a good one when I see it. :shock:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

A cabinet is pretty nice , ya gotta admit :D

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wooda
Founding Member

Pipe baskets are good for travel too.

Could have sold a couple "bush" pipes at the Dartmouth Powwow this weekend thanks to this basket, but I was there to demonstrate basketmaking and traditional materials prep.

Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:06 pm In most cases, an impressive rack is overrated, more show than function. You can read that sentence anyway you see fit but my mind isn't in the gutter when I tell a lady she has a nice rack. I'm talking about her pipe rack. Oh, yeah, all the time I bump into ladies who have nice pipe racks. Welcome to New Orleans.

As someone who organizes everything in piles willy-nilly, I like the basket system. Personally I use the empty cigar box system, but they are similar.

I have a couple of pipe racks but my pipes usually end up outside the bounds of my racks. They are scattered all over the house where I rediscover them every time I clean my desk, reach for a fresh pair of pants in my closet, start the lawnmower, or open a teakettle to find out what's making all that noise when the water comes to a boil.

There is something to be said about a genius' disarray. Every day is full of pleasant surprises.

I've never thought to look in any of my tea pots for missing pipes... until now!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

@Wooda was onto something. The basket system is good.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Thanks for reviving this @Citizen B a fun an enjoyable thread. I like those pipes woven into the basket. Pipes man. Why the hell do I have so many?
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 pm A cabinet is pretty nice , ya gotta admit :D

You still got that cabinet? Lets see an up to date photo!
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This is from 2023 ... Some get taken out and others in and rearranged at times . It looks rather messy in this pic

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:04 pm
Of course the cabinet contains a tin of Velvet. You love that Play-Doh tobacco.

I don't blame you. Velvet does smoke smooth as velvet.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.