Sometimes You Gotta Say it

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Move over. Yer in my chair, ya codger!! :lol: Just kidding!

I agree - what a great "pipe cafe". Where else (unless we all lived on the same street) would we be able to see each other's personal inventory of pipes, pipe racks, tools and tobacco... while wearing pajamas? And how many of us have received free samples (or even pipes) from other esteemed members... just for participating as a member of the forum? There is really something special going on here, and we don't need scientific studies to know it's as real as the cup of Peets Major Dickonsons coffee sitting in front of me now. It's as tangible as the pipes or tobacco we've received from other members of this group, through gift or trade. This fellowship is real. And I think our Creator might even agree that it's real good.

The realness for me is in becoming acclimated to each of your unique member writing styles, and the ribbing we sometimes give to each other. I enjoy stopping in to see what everyone posted about what you smoked today. I feel lucky when I catch a little blurb about your daily chores or general running around. And if I'm really lucky, I'll get to partake in the activity vicariously through the pictures you post. It culminates into a feeling that I've just enjoyed a smoke "with you" - especially when you post pics of your pipes in different settings. And may be it's the pictures (in addition to natural conversation) that solidify the bonds of brotherhood we've come to know here.

Who knows. Who cares. I like it, and I'm proud to be here participating in it. :king:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Wooda
Founding Member

We've got a nice place here.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Longshanks wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 am Move over. Yer in my chair, ya codger!! :lol: Just kidding!

I agree - what a great "pipe cafe". Where else (unless we all lived on the same street) would we be able to see each other's personal inventory of pipes, pipe racks, tools and tobacco... while wearing pajamas? And how many of us have received free samples (or even pipes) from other esteemed members... just for participating as a member of the forum? There is really something special going on here, and we don't need scientific studies to know it's as real as the cup of Peets Major Dickonsons coffee sitting in front of me now. It's as tangible as the pipes or tobacco we've received from other members of this group, through gift or trade. This fellowship is real. And I think our Creator might even agree that it's real good.

The realness for me is in becoming acclimated to each of your unique member writing styles, and the ribbing we sometimes give to each other. I enjoy stopping in to see what everyone posted about what you smoked today. I feel lucky when I catch a little blurb about your daily chores or general running around. And if I'm really lucky, I'll get to partake in the activity vicariously through the pictures you post. It culminates into a feeling that I've just enjoyed a smoke "with you" - especially when you post pics of your pipes in different settings. And may be it's the pictures (in addition to natural conversation) that solidify the bonds of brotherhood we've come to know here.

Who knows. Who cares. I like it, and I'm proud to be here participating in it. :king:
Amen, brother. Amen.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

I really like this forum for all the reasons stated above. No poseurs or uppity members. Real genuine folk. The brethren are low-key and there is a genuine camaraderie. There is nothing wanting in this forum and the steady membersip growth is based on the bedrock of solid existing membership. There is no way any sane pipe smoker would miss the fact that this forum is the ne plus ultra of pipe forums. God Bless and God Speed to you all.
Cobman

It's a nice forum. I don't post much but I read it every day.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Ah-yup.
ever forward
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:19 pmI have issued warnings as a moderator, but they were earned.
am a little jealous of someone who's already gotten a warning...heck i was banned at the other place before making my first post, one of my greatest accomplishments...LOL
insufferable filter guy
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I've contributed to a few forums over the last several years and sometimes things got INTERESTING with some of the members and as ya'll can probably imagine the worst by far was a political forum that I was on for a while and heck even the competition BBQ forum that I was on was pretty crazy at times! LOL!
I don't think we'll have too many issues here, pipe smokers (most anyway) are a little different from other folks in that we are generally relaxed people and aren't out looking for a fight, to be rude, get into an argument or to deliver a four lettered tirade to someone. We come here to relax and talk about pipe smoking and if one were to compare pipe forum members to members of a political forum it would be like comparing a golf fan to hockey fan... no offense to the hockey fans out there. :lol:
In a nutshell, I like it here and I think I'll stay a while if ya'll will have me! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

oldbill wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm ...we are generally relaxed people and aren't out looking for a fight, to be rude, get into an argument or to deliver a four lettered tirade to someone.
You apparently haven't asked KK's opinion on Morgan/Dagner pipes.. :)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm
oldbill wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm ...we are generally relaxed people and aren't out looking for a fight, to be rude, get into an argument or to deliver a four lettered tirade to someone.
You apparently haven't asked KK's opinion on Morgan/Dagner pipes.. :)
good point
insufferable filter guy