Big Flavor, Low Nicotine Blends

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Burley Light Without Bite and Orlik DSK have flavor but not much nicotine, or any maybe. I like them but have a tendency to add Perique, especially to BLWB.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:10 am
houtenziel wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks for this suggestion. I am always looking for a Virginia to put in my rotation, and this I haven't tried. I scanned some of the reviews and it seems like something I might actually like. Gonna have to grab a tin. :thumbs:
They also sell it in factory bags! Good deal...
Looks like it's currently MIA along with G&H. I will have to add that one to the in-stock daily check. :cry:
Dan has actually been restocked more often than g&h in the past 12 months. So there's hope
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I wrote a ton of paragraphs laste night about cavendish for this thread ... fell asleep and can't retrieve it . I messed up

In a super nut shell ...

Any of the all black cavendish flavored blends , depending on if you like the flavor , are gonna be good . For my taste , Sutliff are the masters of aro flavoring .

One that i really enjoy is Sutliff Dark Decadence . It's the blend that inspired me to come up with the saying ... It takes a Pro to smoke an ARO . I used that on dmkerr all the time . I miss the hell out of him , I really do . The reason " it takes a pro " is because this particular blend is pretty thick cut and moist and needs to be well char lit around the entire chamber a time or two before rolling with it . Once rolling , the flavoring is medium and of vanilla and something like fruitcake but not nearly as weird . It has a near full " mouth feel " , which I enjoy

The black cavendishes that don't really have names, other than black cavendish... example sutliff b20 black cavendish , SP BC ETC .. those types are mildly flavored and are really off the chart and can be smoked many time a day

Some other medium + flavored cool smoking kick ass black or near black cavendish blends ...

Sutliff ZBC black cordial ... killer
Sutliff chocolate mousse ( all black ) ... killer .. Choc Supreme and Choc Truffle also rock big time . I have yet to try their hot chocolate
Sutliff Dark Obsession( all black ) .. killer
Creme Brulee ... It's moist but it is so damn Good it's scary . The aroma is out of sight

For those of you who enjoy The Danish styled aromatics that are mainly Virginia based and bright .. example .. wo Larsen perfect or signature ... you may enjoy a blend I had the pleasure of smoking a few days ago for the first time ... Sutliff Peach Cobbler .
See , the Danish styled aros have bright Virginia's as a base , which is sweet . So that , along with their sweet flavorings aren't my thing so much compared to the American Styled stuff... but therecwere exceptions , obviously .
The Peach Cobbler had some bright tobacco and thus some bright flavoring . It , along with a damn good amount of black cavendish .., man , it was pretty delicious . My step brother , whom I was visiting and doesn't smoke a pipe... he smoked this stuff and I let him keep the bag . He said .. " damn , John " and I said " damn , Bob .. this is killer stuff "
We smoked it on his porch 150 yards from the beach in perfect weather with s nice breeze . The aroma was off the map and it smokes very well

Oh , another thing ... If you see Green River tobacco used in a cavendish .... try it !!! Green River is really it's own thing and I can't describe it other than I'm surprised it isnt the base of everything , lol . Dark Decadence contains it , btw

Again , keep in mind that if you dig the flavoring , you're probably good to go . The more black cavendish, the more chance of a cool smoke.. obviously there's a Good many exceptions but we're in a play it safe mode

You could a always just forgetaboutit and go buy a huge pouch of Smokers Pride Black Cavendish andd just smoke it the rest of your days . I'm telling ya , you'd be on to something

PA Soft Vanilla and Cherry Vanilla are both quite good

SWRA .. is the near opposite of this thread .... It's a Non black cavendish with plenty of nicotine and , if you dig the flavoring , one of the best blends on the market .,. Hands down . It's a no brasinervto light and keep lit . Its pretty much dummy proof and just fasntastic
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
houncer

It's weird, Solani Aged Burley Flake is supposedly very strong but doesn't affect me at all. On the other hand, PS Luxury Navy Flake has knocked me on my butt more than once and is considered a low-nicotine tobacco. I guess different bodies do different things. I now know my body's warning signs and back off before it's too late. :)
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

houncer wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 am It's weird, Solani Aged Burley Flake is supposedly very strong but doesn't affect me at all. On the other hand, PS Luxury Navy Flake has knocked me on my butt more than once and is considered a low-nicotine tobacco. I guess different bodies do different things. I now know my body's warning signs and back off before it's too late. :)
I agree on the differing body responses to different tobacco. Half & Half bites me every time. It's supposed to be a cool smoke and most everyone who commented on H&H said it didn't bite them at all.
Regarding PS Luxury Navy Flake, I wouldn't have known I was smoking anything if it didn't have any flavor. No Vit N hit at all for me.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Ruff, I admire your ability to fully enjoy Cavendish, those aromatic smell nice to me but I'm with Tom in that they all taste musty. Lane Black Rasperry, Sutliff Vanilla Custard, and Cult Blood Red Moon are the only Cav blends I can get behind, though very very infrequently. You are 100% spot on for SWRA, I buy tubs of that glorious stuff.
houncer wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 am It's weird, Solani Aged Burley Flake is supposedly very strong but doesn't affect me at all. On the other hand, PS Luxury Navy Flake has knocked me on my butt more than once and is considered a low-nicotine tobacco. I guess different bodies do different things. I now know my body's warning signs and back off before it's too late. :)
Some people can't taste much from Burley, some get cardboard, others find it harsh or too strong. I was made for it. Some people get no effect from Perique, most I believe, and very few get reactions to varying degrees. It's like freebase for me, love it but the nicotine is itself different or processed differently and it makes my heart pick up the pace a little. You might be equipped to handle any heavy Burley blend but that Perique in the LNF might be what got to you.

I know my warning signs but rarely hit them, when I do it's usually well into the evening with nothing but black coffee in me. First is the the faintest stomach twist, real quick then gone, if I keep going a sneeze or two. This means I'm saturated with nicotine and can't process anymore without sitting down or grabbing a bite. I find being fully loaded pleasurable but hard to come by unless I freight train Brown Bogie or some equivalent.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

I agree with all the above. I’ll second SWRA. I’ll add Half and Half and Mixture 79 because they are different and always available. I haven’t had my butt kicked by anything since I started smoking OJK as a daily blend. I bought some Happy Bogie with hopes of being slammed, but it fell short.

Caveat... @ncrobb made one heck of a twist a while back. It is/was a butt kicker. I skipped the happy buzz and went straight to nicotine hell for a brief stay.

Edit:
I could also add Pegasus, Tuggle Hall, MAC Baren Burley Flake, most Aromatic pouch blends, anything from Sutliff