What Are You Smoking January 2019

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Idlehands wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:16 am Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Been away from the forums for a while for several reasons medical and non-medical combined. Back now in the swing of things starting the day with some aged (2 years in the cellar) CM in a Stanwell 20-buck Apple shape 182. Irish black tea is my drink. Too many posts to catch up on, so I'll just start from today.
Good to have ya back!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
leacha
Founding Member

This pipe and tobacco are a great combination!
Andrew Image
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the Silver Duke pot

Anyone know if the SmokingPipes B&M is open on Sunday? As long as I am in SC, I might be able to break away for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am Picayune in the Silver Duke pot

Anyone know if the SmokingPipes B&M is open on Sunday? As long as I am in SC, I might be able to break away for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.
The Low Country Pipe & Cigar website indicates it's closed on Sundays. Sorry, Padre!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

leacha wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 am Image
Your avatar is hilarious(kind of disturbing too, uncanny valley and all). I am guessing Carl is not a familiar character to most on this forum :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:00 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 am I don't want anyone to think I have quit smoking. I am four hours into the drive and am just finishing bowl four. I brought a Silver Duke pot, a Starfire 45 pot, and a BST pot for the trip. It has all been Picayune and Big-n-Burley so far. I am sparing the pipe cleaners.
Lol..
You could just hold the pipe out of the window while your driving and that will clear out any bits and ash.
I have never used a pipe cleaner in the bowl. If I am sitting somewhere with a pipe nail, I will give the bowl a pretty good scrape before dumping ashes. In the Suburban, I have been doing the scrape before dumping ashes out the window.This practice helps minimize reamings.

I did run a pipe cleaner through the stem after bowl 2 this morning. I am starting the break in process again.

Old Ted Award - 2017
leacha
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 am
leacha wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:35 am Image
Your avatar is hilarious(kind of disturbing too, uncanny valley and all). I am guessing Carl is not a familiar character to most on this forum :D
Before my son was born, retiring to bed and watching Adult Swim was a favorite. After the birth my wife and I realized we were paying for TV and never watching it, not even AS. We cut the cord and never looked back. I know we can stream the shows but it's not the same so when I saw that image of Carl I knew I had to use it.
Andrew Image
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am Picayune in the Silver Duke pot

The Low Country Pipe & Cigar website indicates it's closed on Sundays. Sorry, Padre!
Darn it... I was going to suggest if anyone was local, we meet up at the B&M. It is probably better if I stay here at the house and help greet visitors with casseroles and condolences anyway.

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

A pleasant bowl of HH ODF in my mountain king stack, while listening to a wonderful rendition of the Peer Gynt suite's "Solveig's Song" by a great soprano. Appropriate to the pipe and this piece nearly brings a tear to my eye.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Afternoon, I had to work on my truck this morning, smoked a few bowls of Heine's Blend in the 99b and now I just finished a tunafish sandwich for lunch. Gearing up to smoke the last of my rum twist in a Ser Jacopo Rowlette.
The Troll Whisperer