Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm I've visited cigarbid.com too often. I wound up with 40 cigars...a series of eight five-packs, for very little money. Worst part is, I have absolutely zero knowledge of cigars! As I've said before, "Cigarbid is the DEBBIL!" :twisted:
Cigars don't require any knowledge really, aside from how to store them(assuming they aren't dry cured). I used to keep my stash in one of those snapware containers with a 68% Boveda humidity pack. I had a few different cutters, but settled in to just cutting the first cap off with my Old Timer. I started doing this after seeing Pete Johnson(of Tatuaje) score the first cap with his thumbnail pinch it off and light up. As with pipes, there are no rules.. only zealots who want you to think so.
Well that's a relief! I bit a cap off one (saw it in a western) and poked a few holes in the end of another with a couple of toothpicks. I think the pocket knife sounds like a plan

I use the first knife technique he shows. I always have a knife.. I don't think I would always carry a cutter, as their usefulness is pretty specific to cigars.. unless maybe I was in the mob. 8-)
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mikeb717

Just ordered a couple tins of C&D Kajun Kake
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:04 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Cigars don't require any knowledge really, aside from how to store them(assuming they aren't dry cured). I used to keep my stash in one of those snapware containers with a 68% Boveda humidity pack. I had a few different cutters, but settled in to just cutting the first cap off with my Old Timer. I started doing this after seeing Pete Johnson(of Tatuaje) score the first cap with his thumbnail pinch it off and light up. As with pipes, there are no rules.. only zealots who want you to think so.
Well that's a relief! I bit a cap off one (saw it in a western) and poked a few holes in the end of another with a couple of toothpicks. I think the pocket knife sounds like a plan

I use the first knife technique he shows. I always have a knife.. I don't think I would always carry a cutter, as their usefulness is pretty specific to cigars.. unless maybe I was in the mob. 8-)
Or a mohel.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Or a mohel.
:lol: Oh man..
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Or a mohel.
For tips they work! Mazels!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I have used a golf tee to punch a hole too.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I was at the low country shop in Myrtle Beach last weekend and bought a couple oz of Sutliff Peach Cobbler to try ( it was pretty damn good ) . My non pipe smoking step brother is now a pipe smoker . I mean , I don't know if he'll go neck deep .. but he enjoyed the heck out of it and I left it with him . He liked the Kentucky Club Continental too
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:51 pm I have used a golf tee to punch a hole too.
I remember when the two-wheel pull carts for golf clubs had an attachment to hold tees, score card, and a cigar
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Got a tin each - SG Kendal Cream, Grousemoor, Commonwealth, G&H Broken Scotch Cake, MB HH Latakia Flake, and MB Navy Flake.
I am currently broker than the ten commandments, and the next couple months look bleaker.. so, I figured that I should buy a few interesting blends to keep me clippin' along boredom-free with the codger burleys.
― Theodore Roosevelt
John

I recently received a pound of Lane Limited HGL and a can of LL Ready Rubbed. I really like the HGL and will need to try RLP-6 now since it's the base of this blend. I purchased the RR because of the recommendation made in this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134 and am very happy I did.