GLP Chelsea Morning Cologne

beeftip

Have you ever been complimented on how you smell after smoking? It's only happened to me a couple of times, but every time that it has, it was after I smoked a big ol' bowl of Chelsea Morning.

Today I came in from my lunch bowl (I take lunch bowl's, not breaks) and a lady in the office asked me what cologne I wore. I laughed and told her, "G. L. Pease - Chelsea Morning." She asked me where I got it and I told her it could be found at any number of finer online retailers.

Now we wait.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

:D That's just awesome! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I was just saying the other day that my wife thinks IRC Old Colonial leaves me smelling like aftershave. I personally really like the "sitting next to the campfire" smell that Lat heavy blends leave.. and I must be lucky, as my wife had an outdoorsy childhood and likes it too.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:23 pm I was just saying the other day that my wife thinks IRC Old Colonial leaves me smelling like aftershave. I personally really like the "sitting next to the campfire" smell that Lat heavy blends leave.. and I must be lucky, as my wife had an outdoorsy childhood and likes it too.
When I smoke SWR or SWRA, Dear Sweetie likes the way I smell afterwards...but she doesn't like the smell of the smoke as I'm actually smoking
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
beeftip

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:27 pm When I smoke SWR or SWRA, Dear Sweetie likes the way I smell afterwards...but she doesn't like the smell of the smoke as I'm actually smoking
My wife generally tolerates the smell of my pipe smoke. So, I guess I'm lucky in that regard. Last Friday evening we were playing a board game and she asked if WE could have a pipe. I flew out of my chair to grab a pipe and some tobacco. That was so worth breaking into my small stash of Stonehaven, which she really enjoyed. Hmmm... she's been going after my Scotch lately too. Probably menopause.

But, I digress...

I've only received compliments on the smell of my pipe's smoke when smoking potpourri type blends, with one exception... Once while at a cigar bar I was smoking Chelsea Morning and the lady sitting next to me could not stop raving about how good it smelled. She did mention, however, that her father was a pipe smoker and favored what she called, campfire tobacco. So, I'm guessing she was enjoying the nostalgia rather than the actual scent of the smoke from my pipe.

Strangely enough, I do not like the smell of latakia when someone else is smoking it. I used to hate it, in fact. So much so that I swore off English blends for a year because of one night at pipe club where Abingdon was the featured tobacco. I loved smoking Abingdon prior to that. I'm that way with peanut butter too. If my wife is eating peanut butter, I have to leave the room. I'll eat PB & J all day long though.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

beeftip wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:27 pm When I smoke SWR or SWRA, Dear Sweetie likes the way I smell afterwards...but she doesn't like the smell of the smoke as I'm actually smoking
My wife generally tolerates the smell of my pipe smoke. So, I guess I'm lucky in that regard. Last Friday evening we were playing a board game and she asked if WE could have a pipe. I flew out of my chair to grab a pipe and some tobacco. That was so worth breaking into my small stash of Stonehaven, which she really enjoyed. Hmmm... she's been going after my Scotch lately too. Probably menopause.

But, I digress...

I've only received compliments on the smell of my pipe's smoke when smoking potpourri type blends, with one exception... Once while at a cigar bar I was smoking Chelsea Morning and the lady sitting next to me could not stop raving about how good it smelled. She did mention, however, that her father was a pipe smoker and favored what she called, campfire tobacco. So, I'm guessing she was enjoying the nostalgia rather than the actual scent of the smoke from my pipe.

Strangely enough, I do not like the smell of latakia when someone else is smoking it. I used to hate it, in fact. So much so that I swore off English blends for a year because of one night at pipe club where Abingdon was the featured tobacco. I loved smoking Abingdon prior to that. I'm that way with peanut butter too. If my wife is eating peanut butter, I have to leave the room. I'll eat PB & J all day long though.
I've had the neighbors compliment the smell of SWR when I was enjoy a bowl of it on the porch. Dear Sweetie commented positively on Orlik's Mellow Mixture and Watch City Slices. But other than that, she's not in the den when I'm enjoying my pipe. (That's not all bad. HA!)
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

My sister came to visit one day and said that I was wearing "Daddy's Cologne", I knew that he used to wear Jovan Musk and told her that I wasn't wearing any,... to which she said that she was referring to the smell of tobacco and booze! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

oldbill wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:51 pm My sister came to visit one day and said that I was wearing "Daddy's Cologne", I knew that he used to wear Jovan Musk and told her that I wasn't wearing any,... to which she said that she was referring to the smell of tobacco and booze! :D
:lol: