I'm out of tobacco

Whalehead King

I've never kept a deep cellar. I just smoked my last bowl of tobacco on hand (SWRA if you are interested) and I went looking for more. Guess what? That's what. All my tins are empty. I have to order some more or go to the B&M to pay double the online price. For months I was fat dumb and happy smoking away without a care in the world and now this----- an empty cellar. There is no more tobacco at chez King!!!!

Boo-hoo. WK has gotten his just deserts. SWRA isn't known for it's ghosting properties. I wish my last bowl had been Mixture 79. That said, here is a recreation loose based on my last smoke. I was reading a book in a graveyard. I ran out of tobacco, so I went out and about in New Orleans to make some new friends....and then I cried, boo-hoo. Then other things happened....

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:04 pm I've never kept a deep cellar. I just smoked my last bowl of tobacco on hand (SWRA if you are interested) and I went looking for more. Guess what? That's what. All my tins are empty. I have to order some more or go to the B&M to pay double the online price. For months I was fat dumb and happy smoking away without a care in the world and now this----- an empty cellar. There is no more tobacco at chez King!!!!

Boo-hoo. WK has gotten his just deserts. SWRA isn't known for it's ghosting properties. I wish my last bowl had been Mixture 79. That said, here is a recreation loose based on my last smoke. I was reading a book in a graveyard. I ran out of tobacco, so I went out and about in New Orleans to make some new friends....and then I cried, boo-hoo. Then other things happened....

I've never kept a deep cellar either. Actually the other day before I restocked on some stuff, I completely ran out too. Had to run down to wally world to pick up some PA.
I smoke whatever I can get, when I can get it :) Keeps me from longing too much for tobaccos that have passed into the great beyond, I suppose.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:04 pm I've never kept a deep cellar. I just smoked my last bowl of tobacco on hand (SWRA if you are interested) and I went looking for more. Guess what? That's what. All my tins are empty. I have to order some more or go to the B&M to pay double the online price. For months I was fat dumb and happy smoking away without a care in the world and now this----- an empty cellar. There is no more tobacco at chez King!!!!

Go to the New Orleans equivalent of Low Bob's. Pick up a pound of SPRT to hold you over until some orders can come in. Are you out of MM cigars too?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Go to the New Orleans equivalent of Low Bob's. Pick up a pound of SPRT to hold you over until some orders can come in. Are you out of MM cigars too?
I don't know what Low Bob's is. Sorry.

Am I out of MM cigars???? Who are you talking to? I always have boxes of machine made, affordable, and tasty cigars in stock. It'll take me longer to run out of MM cigars than it will to run out of pipe tobacco. I should open a shop in our lobby----then I'd run out in a hurry.
9 Iron
Founding Member

See it as an opportunity to smoke more machine made cigars.

Perhaps muriel Hauptman snuck in and threw out your pipe tobacco so you’d stop avoiding her.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:05 pm
I don't know what Low Bob's is. Sorry.
Low Bob's is a chain we have in the Midwest that caters to the vaping and RYO crowd. They sell a few pipe tobaccos and will have a card of cobs.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

What our lifestyle needs from online tobacconists is a system that automatically reorders our favorites and ships them to us. We select the amount and date(s) to be shipped. The system will automatically charge your credit card. Just a thought, while I ponder what blends I'll smoke this evening.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ray Mackessy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:33 pm What our lifestyle needs from online tobacconists is a system that automatically reorders our favorites and ships them to us. We select the amount and date(s) to be shipped. The system will automatically charge your credit card. Just a thought, while I ponder what blends I'll smoke this evening.
I am pretty sure you can set things up this way. I know I have seen the option somewhere.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

P&C seems to have this option in the information. I am not sure how to use it though.

Auto Deliver Information

If you know what you want and when you want it, then Auto Deliver was made just for you.

Get your favorite items delivered to your doorstep automatically, no logging on and logging in required. It’s easy, it’s convenient, and you can customize the whole thing to suit your needs. Want your item every week, every month, or every two months? No problem. Set it up to ship as frequently as you want, and update your preferences easily whenever you need to.

Let’s break it down:

Choose your favorite item for Auto Deliver.
Enter a quantity and click the Auto Deliver button.
Add your item to an existing Auto Deliver or create a new one...it’s up to you.

If creating a new Auto Deliver

Create a nickname for your Auto Deliver (pick whatever you want!)
Set your preferences – address and frequency.
Select a payment type.
Review your Auto Deliver to ensure accuracy.
Click “Create” and wait for your favorite stuff to get delivered. It’s easy, peasy.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

This scenario is my worst nightmare... Luckily I shouldn't have to worry about it for a long time
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin