Tobacco Trade

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Here ya go guys.. any of you who are a fan of this stuff, or want to give them all a shot. I can't see myself really smoking any more of these, so I am putting them up for trade. If you have some Burley blends, or OTC type stuff you want to trade me, let me know. Would be nice to just send them all in one shot, but I understand if you are not into all of them. Doesn't necessarily have to be a 1:1 trade either, I am flexible.

all are 50g minus a couple bowls each -
Samuel Gawith, Commonwealth, Kendal Cream Deluxe Flake, Grousemoor

Gawith & Hoggarth Broken Scotch Cake

Mac Baren Latakia Flake

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

If that all was Cannon plug I'd be on it. Can't see it taking long to find someone.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I think you are a candidate for Double Down.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:26 pm I think you are a candidate for Double Down.
I second the motion
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:26 pm I think you are a candidate for Double Down.
I think you might be right. Actually, I've found quite a few blends I like either in your TR favorites list, or highly recommended by you even before I found this forum. I have to step carefully though, as I do not quite have the constitution for strength that you do. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm
I think you might be right. Actually, I've found quite a few blends I like either in your TR favorites list, or highly recommended by you even before I found this forum. I have to step carefully though, as I do not quite have the constitution for strength that you do. :D
I think you'd like it too.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

This is a consideration. I rated the Double Down as med-mild in strength, so less than Pegasus. Now that I have smoked a couple of pounds of it, I think they are about the same probably. The nicotine is a little sneaky in the batches of Double down I have tried. The flavors to me are a little more basic and perhaps subtle and that made me knock it down a notch on strength initially.

Have you tried Pegasus? It is the mildest of the great Runowski trifecta.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:43 pm
This is a consideration. I rated the Double Down as med-mild in strength, so less than Pegasus. Now that I have smoked a couple of pounds of it, I think they are about the same probably. The nicotine is a little sneaky in the batches of Double down I have tried. The flavors to me are a little more basic and perhaps subtle and that made me knock it down a notch on strength initially.

I have tried Pegasus, and I enjoy it. I also quite like Three friars. I've tried a number of C&D Burleys and the only one that I have had a hard time with strength wise is Haunted Bookshop. I really like that one too, but I just don't smoke enough to really build a tolerance to it.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Pegasus is (my opinion) king of the ribbon cut burley blends. Just the smell of it in a jar puts a smile on my face
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Pegasus is (my opinion) king of the ribbon cut burley blends. Just the smell of it in a jar puts a smile on my face
I like that stuff, and other C&D blends, but they irritate my throat something fierce to where I don't even bother anymore. Wish I could enjoy them but it's more for you lucky dogs. Try Bob Bushman too.