Cherry Blends

avid

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 pm Dangitall... Now you guys got me wanting a bowl of something cherry :lol:
life isn't always a bowl of cherries...unless yer a caveman truckdriver, that is...
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 pm Dangitall... Now you guys got me wanting a bowl of something cherry :lol:
life isn't always a bowl of cherries...unless yer a caveman truckdriver, that is...
So your upset about the long stemmed apple and now your taking it out on me, I see how it is...
The Troll Whisperer
avid

that stem is a mile long
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:10 pm that stem is a mile long
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I still think there is a light cherry top on Middleton Cherry. Now, for the record, I didn't get walnuts from Walnut. heh heh
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I like ..Mclintock Black Cherry.. PA Cherry Vanilla.. and Old Shenandoah Bootlegger
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm
CoreyR wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am
I do hate to contradict you there but Middleton Cherry IS still available. I have seen it in the smoke shop where I pick up my OTCs, a few months ago and I checked Altrias' website just now. It is listed under "Middleton" and "our products and ingredients."
Ya had me scared there for a minute and wondering how many pouches I have on hand? Now I am thinking I should see if I can get a tub and set it aside?? :o
I found some in a RYO shop in Michigan last summer and bought 3 or 4 pouches thinking I might not see it again. I was convinced they had quit making it. I am glad they are.
Just a note for you guys, Middleton Cherry is not available in tubs, has not been for a few years by now I believe. Also it's not a cherry blend, it's named after a street in Philly.
You may be correct about it not being available in tubs sir, I do know that it has been a long while since I have seen it in one, but it is, in fact, a cherry blend. Both Tobacco Reviews and the Altria website list a "cherry topping" or "flavoring." I do note that JimInks review states, correctly so I think, that it is "fairly well muted."
Middletons Cherry is not an "in your face" cherry blend but it is there, nonetheless.
Forgive me but Altria is based in my home town (ish) and I tend to keep up with their pipe tobacco products, even if I do not care for most of them.
Bamarick

I've been smoking pipes less than 2 years, but I remembered that a buddy smoked Cherry Blend around 50 years ago. When I went looking for tobacco I was surprised to find that it was still available. I bought 3 packs of it when I spotted it at a Grocery Store we use. I'm on my 2nd pack and so far I've yet to detect any cherry taste at all. I still have 1 unopened pack, but I'm betting there won't be any cherry taste to it either. OTOH Captain Black Cherry has a very strong and very fake cherry taste. To me it would do well blended with something like PA to tone down the cherry.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Alright.. I guess it's settled then.. lol! Looks like I am definitely going to be buying a pouch since I am like a drug sniffing dog when it comes to cherry anything. Either it will have cherry and I will be dry heaving, or it won't and I'll be delighted.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt