Reconciling Risk v Reward of Piping

sisyphus
Person of Interest

the things you mostly end up regretting are the ones you didn't do or didn't do enough of
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 pm the things you mostly end up regretting are the ones you didn't do or didn't do enough of
:bow:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

I figure it this way... I smoked cigarettes for 26 years (thank God I finally quit!) and drank heavily for a few years along with doing drugs (again thank God I quit) on and off for most of my adult life...

The pipe is way more enjoyable and satisfying than any of those. Not to mention way better for my health compared to any of the things I used to do.
Bigflo

I think it’s all relative to the individual I smoke I enjoy smoking it’s peaceful and relaxing. Some people hike or climb some like the high paced thrills of skydiving or BASE jumping it’s just about what makes you happy. I’m not hurting anyone else so I really never give it a second thought
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

sisyphus wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 pm the things you mostly end up regretting are the ones you didn't do or didn't do enough of
I spend time with people who are dying and in hospice, etc. The regrets people have are typically not the things they have done but the things left undone.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:43 am
I spend time with people who are dying and in hospice, etc. The regrets people have are typically not the things they have done but the things left undone.
That's sad to hear.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I cannot imagine trying to live a life filled with worry about being in perfect health. Immortality is not an option.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:43 am I cannot imagine trying to live a life filled with worry about being in perfect health. Immortality is not an option.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:43 am I cannot imagine trying to live a life filled with worry about being in perfect health. Immortality is not an option.
At the risk of launching into a sermon, there is a cultural inclination to worship at the temple of the body.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 am
At the risk of launching into a sermon
Perhaps I should have said physical immortality..
It's really the whiny heath fanatics that drive me nuts..lol
The Troll Whisperer