What Are You Smoking January 2019

Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:54 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:42 am

Not for this boy. That seasoning thing means you are saving on pipe cleaners too.
Someone needs to invent washable hard plastic pipe cleaners. They would last forever.
They do make nylon tubing brushes in sizes that would fit in both the shank and down the stem draft. They aren't the most absorbent things though, so you'd probably still need cotton cleaners to mop up the funk.
Your probably right. I was thinking more like a really fine bristle cleaner.
The Troll Whisperer
Grimpeur

MB Dark Twist in the Falcon, Barry's orange pekoe in the cup.

Fisherman's Friend is my cough drop of choice. Suits my outlook of, if I'm not somewhat in pain, I'm doing it wrong!

When I was a foreman on the railway I worked with a top-notch lad who liked the drink a bit too much, especially for a zero tolerance workplace. I always had a tin of Fisherman's to give him for those times when a manager would have a chat... nothing overpowers a FF👍👍
Bamarick

I had to wait until the temperature moderated a bit before I could brave a cold 40deg to have my morning pipe. I enjoyed a bowl of SPRT in the new, to me, Fischer Supreme Poker. The pipe was purchased from one of our better known members who also provided the tobacco, along with several others, to use in it. I can see the SPRT becoming a staple in my collection of tobacco. I'm enjoying this pipe as well.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bamarick wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am I had to wait until the temperature moderated a bit before I could brave a cold 40deg to have my morning pipe. I enjoyed a bowl of SPRT in the new, to me, Fischer Supreme Poker. The pipe was purchased from one of our better known members who also provided the tobacco, along with several others, to use in it. I can see the SPRT becoming a staple in my collection of tobacco. I'm enjoying this pipe as well.

I want to give you a big thumbs up on the poker as well as the SPRT choice!

I am writing a funeral homily this morning. Tomorrow will have a cold graveside service.

ODF-RR in a BST pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

Smoking my routine morning HH ODF in my #1 stack. Given it's -2 F, not a day for smoking on the deck.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Bamarick

Thanks Ft_Tom. I think the combination of the pipe & tobacco are going to be a good pair. I've called what passes for a B&M here and it just so happens that a 6oz bag was on the shelf. They've pulled it for me to pick up tomorrow morning.

Ft_Tom I'm an old USAF Veteran and if the graveside was for me I would tell you to keep it short & sweet. I think your old Veteran would say the same thing.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bamarick wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:17 am
Thanks Ft_Tom. I think the combination of the pipe & tobacco are going to be a good pair. I've called what passes for a B&M here and it just so happens that a 6oz bag was on the shelf. They've pulled it for me to pick up tomorrow morning.

Ft_Tom I'm an old USAF Veteran and if the graveside was for me I would tell you to keep it short & sweet. I think your old Veteran would say the same thing.
This man was a veteran, so there will be military honors. My bit in the graveside service is short sweet. I have the advantage of a heavy wool cape for events like this. The homily goes in the church service, and we go from the graveside to lunch in the parish hall. There will be plenty of coffee there to get core temps back up.

You might be interested to know I mention the Dorchester Chaplains in the homily. That is a snippet of military history that needs to be mentioned every now and then.

Double Down in a Silver Duke pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am
Bamarick wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:17 am

This man was a veteran, so there will be military honors. My bit in the graveside service is short sweet. I have the advantage of a heavy wool cape for events like this. The homily goes in the church service, and we go from the graveside to lunch in the parish hall. There will be plenty of coffee there to get core temps back up.

You might be interested to know I mention the Dorchester Chaplains in the homily. That is a snippet of military history that needs to be mentioned every now and then.

Double Down in a Silver Duke pot

If you have a Canterbury cap with ear flaps you should wear that tomorrow. Now smoking LC Va/Oriental in a Grand Duke.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:02 pm
If you have a Canterbury cap with ear flaps you should wear that tomorrow. Now smoking LC Va/Oriental in a Grand Duke.

I don't have a Canterbury cap. I should probably get one.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Home from work a little early today. Boss called out sick again so I had to go in early to do her job :fu: :lol:
Smoking the ghost out of the GBD 347 with some PA