Mikeb717

Loaded up the Devil Anse with Picayune,got some errands to run this evening

As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:02 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am
Bamarick wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks Ft_Tom. I think the combination of the pipe & tobacco are going to be a good pair. I've called what passes for a B&M here and it just so happens that a 6oz bag was on the shelf. They've pulled it for me to pick up tomorrow morning.

Ft_Tom I'm an old USAF Veteran and if the graveside was for me I would tell you to keep it short & sweet. I think your old Veteran would say the same thing.
This man was a veteran, so there will be military honors. My bit in the graveside service is short sweet. I have the advantage of a heavy wool cape for events like this. The homily goes in the church service, and we go from the graveside to lunch in the parish hall. There will be plenty of coffee there to get core temps back up.

You might be interested to know I mention the Dorchester Chaplains in the homily. That is a snippet of military history that needs to be mentioned every now and then.

Double Down in a Silver Duke pot

If you have a Canterbury cap with ear flaps you should wear that tomorrow. Now smoking LC Va/Oriental in a Grand Duke.

Yep, you should have a Canterbury cap if for no other reason...still smoking LC Va/Oriental in that stripey Grand Duke.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

[mention]houtenziel[/mention], if that Sav is wide open and still no savvy how to smoke dry, try the old honey and ash trick. The heel might need just a little building up. Smear the honey on the chamber walls and the heel. Have some really fine ash ready to go, cigar or pipe it doesn't matter. After the honey is in there put the ash in, making sure it hits the bottom. Then put thumbkin over the chamber and shake it up. I hope that works.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Haunted Bookshop in a BO MMMT

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:49 pm Finally got her back on the road and licensed
Celebratory smoke tonight
OJK in RockCob

heck i might even crack open a tin tonight !
Good on ya, brother! :D :thumbs:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

SWR in a cob
steamboat

Just finished cleaning out an old MM Country Gentleman. Put on a brand new stem, and packed it with SWR. Tasting nice.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Double Down, courtesy of @Fr_Tom, in the Viking Acorn. So far it's everything I had hoped and dreamed.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Dark Bird's Eye in an Upshall

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Brion

Gaslight in a cob