Tobacco Trade

avid

houtenziel wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:32 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 pm Hout, good on ya brother. You're one o' the kinda guys that makes this forum so awesome.
Thanks, but I am just following everyone else's lead :D
insufferable filter guy
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Received a generous sample package of tobaccos from houtenziel today. Looking forward to trying the different blends. A few Lakelands and a couple Latakias. Thanks so much, houtenziel!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 pm Received a generous sample package of tobaccos from houtenziel today. Looking forward to trying the different blends. A few Lakelands and a couple Latakias. Thanks so much, houtenziel!
It is quite the blitzkrieg of flavors in that sampler. :D
Enjoy!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:07 pm
Johnny wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 pm Received a generous sample package of tobaccos from houtenziel today. Looking forward to trying the different blends. A few Lakelands and a couple Latakias. Thanks so much, houtenziel!
Enjoy!
So far so good! The Latakia Flake is pretty good so far. Being a big fan of Gawith blends, I'm sure I'll get along with the rest. The only Lakeland I've ever tried was 1792 and I liked it :thumbs:
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:11 pm
Enjoy!
So far so good! The Latakia Flake is pretty good so far. Being a big fan of Gawith blends, I'm sure I'll get along with the rest. The only Lakeland I've ever tried was 1792 and I liked it :thumbs:
I am not sure I would call 1792 a "Lakeland" in the strictest sense. It doesn't have the rose-geranium topping that is most widely recognized as "Lakeland Essence", and instead has Tonquin bean. Grousemoor probably isn't full Lakeland either, but there is a hint of it in there along with the lemongrass and whatever else. Broken Scotch Cake is pretty much just a straight Virginia. I didn't taste any Lakeland essence in there. Even St. Bruno is considerably more floral than anything I sent.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Bamarick

Enjoy!
You sure included a Duke's Mixture! I'll get started on mine next week.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Enjoy!
I am not sure I would call 1792 a "Lakeland" in the strictest sense. It doesn't have the rose-geranium topping that is most widely recognized as "Lakeland Essence", and instead has Tonquin bean. Grousemoor probably isn't full Lakeland either, but there is a hint of it in there along with the lemongrass and whatever else. Broken Scotch Cake is pretty much just a straight Virginia. I didn't taste any Lakeland essence in there. Even St. Bruno is considerably more floral than anything I sent.
I guess I still have a lot to learn :lol:
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

FWIW, my secretary texted me to let me know my samples had arrived and were on my desk. I will get them tomorrow. Thanks!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Enjoy!
1792 is good stuff!
The Troll Whisperer