Show Us Your Pipe Rack

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Nice metronome, Ruff

I have one of those but I rarely use it. Aside from the fact that I don't use a metronome often, I usually use the app on my phone.
ever forward
avid

and the beat goes on
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

For all you sailors on board PSF, hey, shipmate, you know what a rack is if you served in the U.S. Navy:

I keep my rack tidy and stowed away in case we go to Dog Zebra. Don't let your gear be a hazard if the ship is going down.

It's a different world in the military. I always tell my mother that joining the Navy was the best thing I ever did. It made a man of me. My mother always says, "You always say that and I think you're right." No disrespect to my upbringing before the Navy intended.

I was a hospital corpsman in the Navy so, not only did I know how to make a shipshape rack for myself, I made beds everyday in the hospital, where the sheets were tucked so tight you could bounce a quarter on them. This learned skill has served me well as a hotelier. I am very proud about how I can make up a rack, even if the rack I make up nowadays is an antique bed in the #16-ranked small hotel in the world.

Here is one of racks I take care of:

John

Hey Shipmate! I'll be sleeping in one next month onboard the mighty USS Theodore Roosevelt.
racinghoss

Here is mine. Picked it up at a local shop. It looks nice, but I hate it since it's a PITA to get bent pipes in/out of.

In fact, I should put it in the trading post. Maybe one of you would use it. Any interest?

Johnny
Member in Good Standing

This just arrived from Florida. It's not pretty but I scored it on ebay for 11 bucks. It's a little Kaywoodie and it's an upgrade from the egg carton I've been using! :thumbs:

Peacock

Johnny wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 am This just arrived from Florida. It's not pretty but I scored it on ebay for 11 bucks. It's a little Kaywoodie and it's an upgrade from the egg carton I've been using! :thumbs:

Sweet find! :awesome:
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
unregistered1

Got my pipe rack today. I'm amazed that after 30 years + of smoking a pipe, this is actually my first one.

'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

A cabinet showed up today. Unfortunately it's only going to be able to house straight pipes but I still like it.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Johnny wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm A cabinet showed up today. Unfortunately it's only going to be able to house straight pipes but I still like it.

Wow! That's pretty cool. Can you twist the bents up in there? You'll need another cabinet if you can't. :D
The Troll Whisperer