Missouri Meerschaum, 1955

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wait... You mean that "hipster" doesn't mean having ample hips? Geez. And here I've mistakenly thought that I was a hipster! :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:30 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:39 pm For anyone else wondering what just transpired in the last couple posts.. Don't feel bad. I am 35 and grew up with computers.. I have no idea what that is. We got a couple late stage millennials on our hands here.. :D
I am not on IG either. I am not sure if that makes you feel better or worse.
I just learned what IG is, and in the last few pages have learned more about it and twitter than I could have imagined. Still every bit as confused. Also, aren't millenials in their 40's or something?

On topic I would consider paying upwards of $40 for a brand new faithfully reproduced Corndog. They could charge $75 or whatever their reverse calabash things go for and easily sell out regardless.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:57 pm On topic I would consider paying upwards of $40 for a brand new faithfully reproduced Corndog. They could charge $75 or whatever their reverse calabash things go for and easily sell out regardless.
I'll +1 that.
OR - for only $50 plus shipping you can have not just one, but THREE bamboo shank cob pipes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-CuSTOM-BAMBO ... rk:14:pf:0
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Hey fellas... Look what I just found on Instagram. MM is celebrating 150 years in style
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Peacock

What's all the hubbub about the corndog anyways?
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Wooda
Founding Member

Peacock wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:34 am What's all the hubbub about the corndog anyways?
Why was Ahab so hard for Moby Dick?
It's the white whale.

For me personally, the bulldog shapes represent the Apex of MM's engineering and manufacturing, from a time where the market allowed for a less labor-efficient product.

Even pro cob modders have not yet been able to reproduce a viable, sellable corndog.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:15 am Hey fellas... Look what I just found on Instagram. MM is celebrating 150 years in style
:clap:
Now they just need to make one that's been stained like the Country Gent.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:47 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:15 am Hey fellas... Look what I just found on Instagram. MM is celebrating 150 years in style
:thumbs:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:47 am
It's a minor miracle that they even did them plain. Grab a sharpie and country gent it up :lol:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Oh and also as of last night those were not listed on the website. So a phone call / email is most likely required. I stole the pictures from a guy I follow that was on the factory tour yesterday