What Are You Listening To? 2019

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Whistlebritches wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm Some Chris Stapleton...……..bout the only artist left in Nashville worth listening to

Amen Brother!!! What they're calling country music today is NOT country music,... I call it "Redneck Pop"! ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Here's what I remember as "Country Music"! ;)
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 pm
WK.. you are a kind of weird I find deeply agreeable.
People tell me this sometimes over the course of a week. Companions often find it disconcerting. I've learned to take it in stride. I'm accustomed to it. Thanks, Houtz. I do take it as a compliment. How else could I? You have a friend in New Orleans. Let's get back to talking about smoking pipes!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Was Chicago V, now VII.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

This takes me back to the summer of 77 and standing in line to see Star Wars for about the 3rd time. :)
Whalehead King

Is this the best Elvis remix of all time, both audio and visual?!?!!??

Most of this song's lines can be used effectively to communicate what you mean over the course of a day but I don't recommend just blurting them out. You're not Elvis. Deploy these phrases with ninja accuracy at your target and you'll soon be master of any situation that dithers on longer than it should. Business meeting? Sure. Supermarket checkout line? Yep. DMV. You betcha. Consider the possibilities, but consider them well. You could make enemies if your timing is wrong. I will leave other situations up to your imagination. What you say during your dinner date is none of my business.

Argument with your wife? Choose very, very wisely.

As with most encounters you have over the course of the day, actions speak louder than words. Use a little more bite and a little less bark. A life well lived is a life well spent. Just ask The King, and I'm not talking about WK.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Jerry Jeff Walker - The Pickup Truck Song
Reminds me of hanging out with my Great Uncle Paul in his 1967 Chevy truck when I was a kid and riding around with my son in a old white Ford.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
ncrobb
Founding Member

And if you have ever watched Austin City Limits.....

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Whalehead King

I'm not listening to this so much, it's aural pabulum, but I am fascinated by the video because it's Mongolian, of all things. The forces of globalization and the perpetuation of at least superficial Western norms at work: