Medico Crest ... Oh my !

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I'm at the wvsmokeshop site and checking out the medicos

This new batch of rusticated Crests ( bruyere cafe , look like the Kaywoodie Red roots) of a couple years ago , which I really like .

The sportsman look like Yello Boles checkers , the ultimate codger pipe :)

The husky
I've looks excellent and really all the lines are rocking !

The ancient line looks super great

The rebel line look like Kaywoodie campus pipes... freaking cool

It's hard on us old guys to realize that a Medico and a dr.grabow cost 40 dollars these days but that's the range and it makes sense being a lower range Savinelli is double +

https://wvsmokeshop.com/medicopipes.aspx

Anyway , I'm glad to see it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

I like the cavalier and sportsman finishes best. For under $40 these are a steal.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcrow wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 pm I like the cavalier and sportsman finishes best. For under $40 these are a steal.
I hear ya brother .... those husky jobs are pretty damn neat . Man , they have some nice shapes
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'd grab that Husky pot but the chamber looks pretty narrow.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:59 am I'd grab that Husky pot but the chamber looks pretty narrow.

You took the words out of my mouth. I went to peruse the offerings and found the same pipe.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It is narrow , which made me think ( God forbid ) .. I'm in the camp of a pot having a wide and slightly shallower chamber than a billiard , I mean that's my spin on a traditional pot . It doesn't matter if the chamber is shallow, I guess , but a wide chamber is pretty standard for the traditional shape ( I think ) .
That's said , I really like a narrow chamber in a pot too , though it should have a different name like fat billiard or funky pot . I don't know... some different designation , like the difference between a bulldog and rodesian , if ya catch my drift .

I really dig the shape " D " pipe . Ya dont see forward sitters often and it looks comfortable to hold

" E " and " G " are really cool too . The rest are excellent traditionbal shgapes . I just spen5t a good coin on the wife's jeep . After this upcoming work trip or next payday, I think I'll orderbone of these pipes ... Maybe the Canadian .. whichever really
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ya know whats funny . Here i am , a mod ( lol ) and i dont know how to change the title of this thread to medico crest
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:00 am Ya know whats funny . Here i am , a mod ( lol ) and i dont know how to change the title of this thread to medico crest
Fixed it for you...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm I'm at the wvsmokeshop site and checking out the medicos

This new batch of rusticated Crests ( bruyere cafe , look like the Kaywoodie Red roots) of a couple years ago , which I really like .

The sportsman look like Yello Boles checkers , the ultimate codger pipe :)

The husky
I've looks excellent and really all the lines are rocking !

The ancient line looks super great

The rebel line look like Kaywoodie campus pipes... freaking cool

It's hard on us old guys to realize that a Medico and a dr.grabow cost 40 dollars these days but that's the range and it makes sense being a lower range Savinelli is double +

https://wvsmokeshop.com/medicopipes.aspx

Anyway , I'm glad to see it
I'll +1 on the Ancient and Cafe pipes... yowzer! I was actually looking at Medico's a few months ago and for some reason I couldn't find much more than the Medico Crest line, which is a pretty plain traditional line. I thought to myself that Medico is really in trouble if they can't get more varieties in stock on these sites (or maybe the site staff was being lackadaisical in getting Medico's stocked). Either way, it is a relief to find fresh briar in stock, and good looking styles to boot. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Middle Earth

Just spent a spell on the site.
I like the thick-sided bowl.
That is a fine pipe in my eyes.
Saw a few pipes that I want.
The prices are more than fair.
Great site