Famous People and What They Smoked

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Flyfish Falls wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:12 pm I posted this thread hoping to stimulate some interest in the subject of Famous People and What They Smoke(d). I thought that perhaps others might contribute to the thread with some other famous pipe smokers that they were aware of. It seems to have turned into an evaluation of Muttnchop, which is not what was intended. Here's hoping that maybe we can get back on track!
If you think for even one moment that you will be able to keep any thread on the rails here, you are in the wrong neighborhood son! :D
Part of the beauty of PSF, is how our threads are like a natural, dynamic conversation over a cup of coffee with friends. They go where they will.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Flyfish Falls wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 pm Image
Ha! Even though it may not have been above Mr Clemens to put his name on something for the sake of a paycheck, I would imagine that a Virginia/Burley blend such as this would have been right up his alley! ;)
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/120 ... -cut-flake
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Flyfish Falls

oldbill wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm
Ha! Even though it may not have been above Mr Clemens to put his name on something for the sake of a paycheck, I would imagine that a Virginia/Burley blend such as this would have been right up his alley! ;)
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/120 ... -cut-flake
Excellent Observation Bill!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just saw this and thought is was fantastic enough that I feel comfortable linking to another forum. The amount of time this guy spent compiling this list must have been considerable:
https://christianpipesmokers.net/viewto ... 553#p99758

Now just to match up each person with their chosen blends.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
unregistered1

@Flyfish Falls: thanks for posting this, mate. :bow:
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
unregistered1

OfPipeAndPen wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 am
houtenziel wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:25 am It is interesting.. but watching him is about as exciting as observing glacial motion. :D
Exciting... ok - I get that, but here's what I like about him:

1. Doesn't monetize his videos. Doing this for the 'greater good', like an open source project to share his experience.

2. No fluff, shorter videos. This is basically the opposite of everything else I see on YTPC - especially 'your good friend Bradley' ;)

3. He actually has some great stories to tell - the life experience stories are pretty interesting.

4. Former Marine of 20 years.

5. "Today's video is entitled..." hahaha this makes me laugh every time. He's so proper (uncomfortable?) sometimes.

It's good background to listen to when you're working on something mundane or need a break - or smoke break!
Point #4 explains point #5. It's all the Powerpoint briefs and other briefs and all. ;)
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I though this was going to be something else but yet again I'm confused. I'll confess to not watching the video though, any of them, ever. Don't know who Muttonchop or these other people are and maybe I'm just an a hole for not being the least bit interested in watching anything like this. Would much rather bs with you guys and see what pipes and tobacco are going on here than pay mind to any of these youtube celebrities, not bashing them as I can't, I know nothing about them and and intend to keep it that way.

Edward G. Robinson and Carey Grant. Both are pipe smokers and blends. That's my contribution.
Flyfish Falls

Actually, Muttnchop's video states that he smoked these tobaccos:

The Blackwell's Durham subsequently became known as Bull Durham. :thumbs:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:49 pm I though this was going to be something else but yet again I'm confused. I'll confess to not watching the video though, any of them, ever. Don't know who Muttonchop or these other people are and maybe I'm just an a hole for not being the least bit interested in watching anything like this. Would much rather bs with you guys and see what pipes and tobacco are going on here than pay mind to any of these youtube celebrities, not bashing them as I can't, I know nothing about them and and intend to keep it that way.

Edward G. Robinson and Carey Grant. Both are pipe smokers and blends. That's my contribution.
Well yeah, you are but that's not why. :lol: :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Leonard Nimoy smoked a pipe but I dont know what kind of tobacco he burned.
The Troll Whisperer