Famous People and What They Smoked

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm Leonard Nimoy smoked a pipe but I dont know what kind of tobacco he burned.
I bet it was something good. I remember a pic of him smoking a Dunhill, so... 8-)
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The pipe that started that whole stupid craze. Famous!

I like his pipe in JFK though.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:19 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:49 pm I though this was going to be something else but yet again I'm confused. I'll confess to not watching the video though, any of them, ever. Don't know who Muttonchop or these other people are and maybe I'm just an a hole for not being the least bit interested in watching anything like this. Would much rather bs with you guys and see what pipes and tobacco are going on here than pay mind to any of these youtube celebrities, not bashing them as I can't, I know nothing about them and and intend to keep it that way.

Edward G. Robinson and Carey Grant. Both are pipe smokers and blends. That's my contribution.
Well yeah, you are but that's not why. :lol: :lol:
Well yeah, I know that, was chalking my disinterest up to it. What kind of self respecting hermit watches videos with people in them anyway? Nah, nature on mute with my music blaring over.
ncrobb
Founding Member

SRV smoked pipes as well. I’ve never seen anyone mention the blend. Einstein is said to have smoked Revelation. I bought a couple ounces of C&D Epiphany because it is supposed to the match. I was thinking it would help my cerebral functioning. It did not. It’s the only tobacco I could not finish a bowl and I tried three times. Ended up giving the rest to wildcrow.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

ncrobb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 pm SRV smoked pipes as well. I’ve never seen anyone mention the blend. Einstein is said to have smoked Revelation. I bought a couple ounces of C&D Epiphany because it is supposed to the match. I was thinking it would help my cerebral functioning. It did not. It’s the only tobacco I could not finish a bowl and I tried three times. Ended up giving the rest to wildcrow.
Now you are speakin' my language.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Some years ago I read on another forum with a similar topic that Lee Van Cleef's neighbor told the writer of the article that Lee smoked Carter Hall mostly.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 pm SRV smoked pipes as well. I’ve never seen anyone mention the blend. Einstein is said to have smoked Revelation. I bought a couple ounces of C&D Epiphany because it is supposed to the match. I was thinking it would help my cerebral functioning. It did not. It’s the only tobacco I could not finish a bowl and I tried three times. Ended up giving the rest to wildcrow.
I enjoyed every bowl of it. When I buy more tobacco, Epiphany will be on that receipt. Thank you again for that contribution Robb.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:33 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm Leonard Nimoy smoked a pipe but I dont know what kind of tobacco he burned.
I bet it was something good. I remember a pic of him smoking a Dunhill, so... 8-)
He smacks of an English smoker, probably Dunhill M.M. 965 or Nightcap. ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Ray Mackessy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 pm Some years ago I read on another forum with a similar topic that Lee Van Cleef's neighbor told the writer of the article that Lee smoked Carter Hall mostly.
I've never smoked Carter Hall a day in my life! ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!