Which Product For Nickel, Brass And Silver Shank Adornments?

unregistered1

What do you guys use to make your pipes' metal adornments shine again?
Last edited by unregistered1 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Wright's Silver Polish for silver. I haven't had any nasty looking nickel bands and never a brass one. Wright's works great though
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Lord Guyrox wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:41 pm What do you guys use to make your pipes' metal adornments shine again?
Flitz works on pretty much everything, including Vulcanite. It also doesn't contain ammonia or harsh solvents, so it's safe for pipe finishes.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:01 pm
Lord Guyrox wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:41 pm What do you guys use to make your pipes' metal adornments shine again?
Flitz works on pretty much everything, including Vulcanite. It also doesn't contain ammonia or harsh solvents, so it's safe for pipe finishes.
What store carries Flitz? I was looking in Walmart yesterday but couldn't find any... Hell, it took me 3 trips there to find the Soft Scrub :lol:
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Johnny wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm
What store carries Flitz? I was looking in Walmart yesterday but couldn't find any... Hell, it took me 3 trips there to find the Soft Scrub :lol:
https://www.flitz.com/dealer-locator/

That should help you find some place in your area that sells it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm
Johnny wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm

https://www.flitz.com/dealer-locator/

That should help you find some place in your area that sells it.
Cool! There are a couple places in town that sell it. Never would have thought of either place! Thanks!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Flitz on everything!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm Flitz on everything!
I used it the other day to polish out scratches in the lenses on my glasses. :geek:
I resisted the urge to coat them in Paragon when I was done.
― Theodore Roosevelt
slowroll
Founding Member

I cheat. I use a buffing wheel dedicated to metal, and mask off the wooden shank while buffing the adornment. Takes about 30 seconds.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
unregistered1

Really? It is safe?
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa