Found my way back!!!

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Pipes are absolutely more enjoyable! And if you understand how white wine is best for removing red wine stains, then you'll understand how pipes are best for removing cigs from your life.

Good luck with it and welcome back! :thumbs: .
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mrm1775

Longshanks wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 am Pipes are absolutely more enjoyable! And if you understand how white wine is best for removing red wine stains, then you'll understand how pipes are best for removing cigs from your life.

Good luck with it and welcome back! :thumbs: .
I totally agree, it is to the point that if I light a cig and take 2 drags, I crave the pipe even more. It is a hard fight though and I have little will power when it comes to tobacco. I have been gathering more of my favorite va blends and that seems to make it easier just knowing I have that deliciousness and relaxation to fall back on. The past three days have been 3 cigs each (MAJOR cutback) so I am def. on the way.
Chock Chucker

Welcome. Were you a pipe smoker before cigarettes or had you quit cigarettes for the pipe once before? I only ask because I am a pack a day smoker and need tips to kick them. I rather enjoy the pipe but find it hard to get the time to enjoy it, especially at work.
Mrm1775

Chock Chucker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:08 am Welcome. Were you a pipe smoker before cigarettes or had you quit cigarettes for the pipe once before? I only ask because I am a pack a day smoker and need tips to kick them. I rather enjoy the pipe but find it hard to get the time to enjoy it, especially at work.
I was a cigarette smoker for many moons. A friend came by one evening to play pool and was smoking a pipe all night. After much conversation and curiosity he went to his truck and returned with a new corncob pipe and it all started there.
I burnt my tongue like crazy but was really intrigued by the flavors it gave. Some coaching from him and much internet reading was all it took. I have many opportunities to slip away and catch a quick pipe while at work. I keep a Morgan cob at work, great for quick smokes.
ODF is what did it for me. When I felt the urge for a cig I would load a bowl of ODF and I was good.
Had to quit smoking due to surgery and recovery, stole a cig from the wife one day and got hooked again. Now I am going through it again, this time is harder! I haven’t fully quit the sticks, but went from 1.5 - 2 packs a day to maybe 4 cigs a day, some days 1. Best of luck to you brother, it’s a hard fight. It is one you can win though.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Welcome, welcome!