Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Grimpeur wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:47 am This week I ordered GH Brown Flake Licquorice and I got notice that a shipment that customs turned away because of not entirely truthful labelling is coming my way again. Fingers crossed for the wandering parcel: it's got some Smoker's Pride in there!
It's a shame sending and receiving pipe tobacco has to be such a covert activity . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
racinghoss

I just ordered the "European Vacation Pouch Sampler"
- John Bull
- Erin Go Braugh
- C'est la Vie

Also got SWRA, MB Mixture Scottish, Capt Black Dark, and after seeing the testimony, a can of "Manacudo"!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I bought a few old pouches. I'm curious about the Fireside from Denmark and the Kaywoodie from Switzerland.
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:06 pm I bought a few old pouches. I'm curious about the Fireside from Denmark and the Kaywoodie from Switzerland.
Nice! The KW tobacco was available from 1963-72. Came in 2 oz pouches for 50 cents and tins for 1.95. "It is an exclusive formula of rich, rare Cavendish tobacco blended to perfection for flavor and mildness. Exotic Indonesian tobaccos, dark fired Virginia, Latakia and Perique are all delicately combined to insure a sweet, extra mild, slow burning smoke"
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:37 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:06 pm I bought a few old pouches. I'm curious about the Fireside from Denmark and the Kaywoodie from Switzerland.
Nice! The KW tobacco was available from 1963-72. Came in 2 oz pouches for 50 cents and tins for 1.95. "It is an exclusive formula of rich, rare Cavendish tobacco blended to perfection for flavor and mildness. Exotic Indonesian tobaccos, dark fired Virginia, Latakia and Perique are all delicately combined to insure a sweet, extra mild, slow burning smoke"
Now I'm even more excited to smoke it! Thank you for the bit of info.
The Troll Whisperer
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Taking advantage of the 15% off C&D bulks, the second of two orders came in....UPS is slow and the first order won't arrive until Wednesday....

1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Three Friars
1lb Big N Burley
1lb Old Joe Krantz

I like both Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz even though the cut isn't what it used to be. Those are both just regular stock. Three Friars and Big N Burley are new to me but I figured I'd get a pound of each anyway. I've tried both today after jarring up everything and I love both blends!
Peacock

Johnny wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 pm Taking advantage of the 15% off C&D bulks, the second of two orders came in....UPS is slow and the first order won't arrive until Wednesday....

1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Three Friars
1lb Big N Burley
1lb Old Joe Krantz

I like both Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz even though the cut isn't what it used to be. Those are both just regular stock. Three Friars and Big N Burley are new to me but I figured I'd get a pound of each anyway. I've tried both today after jarring up everything and I love both blends!
Ah the old @Fr_tom approach eh? Leave no tobacco unsmoked, don't give up until you've burned minimally a pound :bow: Happy it worked out for you. Maybe I'm just a picky mf'er but I would be PO'd to grab a lb and then hate it
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Peacock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:42 pm
Johnny wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 pm Taking advantage of the 15% off C&D bulks, the second of two orders came in....UPS is slow and the first order won't arrive until Wednesday....

1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Three Friars
1lb Big N Burley
1lb Old Joe Krantz

Ah the old @Fr_tom approach eh? Leave no tobacco unsmoked, don't give up until you've burned minimally a pound :bow: Happy it worked out for you. Maybe I'm just a picky mf'er but I would be PO'd to grab a lb and then hate it
For the most part, I have a pretty good idea if I will like something or not. It is not that much of a risk. I would claim too that anyone who liked OJK and HB would likeThree Friars and Big-n-Burley. There are just some folks who hate C&D burley or can't abide perique I suppose.

KK is another who sometimes buys a pound to sample something. The theory though is that we are twins separated at birth. There may be a genetic marker for this sort of thing that they find in the genome. Johnny may be kin in some way.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:04 am

1lb Haunted Bookshop
1lb Three Friars
1lb Big N Burley
1lb Old Joe Krantz

For the most part, I have a pretty good idea if I will like something or not. It is not that much of a risk. I would claim too that anyone who liked OJK and HB would likeThree Friars and Big-n-Burley. There are just some folks who hate C&D burley or can't abide perique I suppose.

KK is another who sometimes buys a pound to sample something. The theory though is that we are twins separated at birth. There may be a genetic marker for this sort of thing that they find in the genome. Johnny may be kin in some way.
1lb samples are a way of life
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:04 am

1lb samples are a way of life
Triplets separated? Anything is possible I guess!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!