Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Ellis You wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 pm Another Watch City order. Seems like they've gotten me hooked on their blends.
Second pound of Meshugaas to stash and a half pound of Simply Red, a new all red Virginia blend. They threw in a sample of Flake #558 and dang it's fantastic, so no doubt I'll have to order a pound of that soon.
I need to get my ducks in a row and order some more pounds from watch city too. Add to my 558 stash, nor'easter, slices, crumb cut, 4th nun returns (when it's available again). I could go on and on
4th Nun was put up and sold out yesterday, I missed out on it. Same for Roanoak, all gone, again.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

not a new purchase but had a couple pound bags of SPRT and this big o jar sitting around
figured i would jar it up before it looses all its flavor out of the bags

i got enough other tobacco and time.......
lets see how this stuff may age

(to be continued in a decade or so)
:lurk:
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:11 pm not a new purchase but had a couple pound bags of SPRT and this big o jar sitting around

Your jar label is way cooler than mine are! :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ellis You wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Ellis You wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 pm Another Watch City order. Seems like they've gotten me hooked on their blends.
Second pound of Meshugaas to stash and a half pound of Simply Red, a new all red Virginia blend. They threw in a sample of Flake #558 and dang it's fantastic, so no doubt I'll have to order a pound of that soon.
I need to get my ducks in a row and order some more pounds from watch city too. Add to my 558 stash, nor'easter, slices, crumb cut, 4th nun returns (when it's available again). I could go on and on
4th Nun was put up and sold out yesterday, I missed out on it. Same for Roanoak, all gone, again.
Well hell. I guess I'll just be happy with the 8oz I have
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mrm1775

Buddy of mine went to Mississippi to visit his family, later called me and asked if I had any fvf on hand cause he sure would like to come by. I told him I was out and haven’t been able to find any. He showed up here this afternoon bearing a gift. Said he found it back home. Sure will be nice when it’s easy to get again, if ever.
Middle Earth

One pound bulk
Oriental Silk
rekamepip
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:11 pm not a new purchase but had a couple pound bags of SPRT and this big o jar sitting around

Your jar label is way cooler than mine are! :D
I ended up pulling out the bag label
i figured with aging i didn't want the plastic degrading into the tobacco
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Got coupons in the mail so i stopped my my local cigarette store and bought 2 pouches for a buck ninety each

:)
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 pm Got coupons in the mail so i stopped my my local cigarette store and bought 2 pouches for a buck ninety each

:)
STG found you too?
Arkansas Paul

My latest purchase was actually a few weeks ago.
Found some Rattray's Hal o the Wynd in stock and got a 17.5 oz bag.
It's probably my favorite right now.
"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
-Albert Einstein, 1950

"It has been my experience that those who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-Abe Lincoln