Has anyoner tried this blend .... ?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think I asked in the past but can't remember what was said about it and don't know what thread I asked on . I dont like being redundant but ....

Has anyone tried this new Lane blend , Wild Hare ...

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... _id/219613

The description sound s like something I might enjoy and I'm gonna make an order this weekend . I like to toss something new to me when I make an order
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I have a tin here.... it's unopened..... go for it, can't be too bad.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 am I have a tin here.... it's unopened..... go for it, can't be too bad.
I will . Lane has been doing good the last few years so I'm thinking it weould be at least decent .
What throws me off is the description . It sounds good, of course , but when it says ... " light and dark cavendish combined with burley " ... the " with burley " part is what throws me . Is it a burley , like say a regular one like pa/swr.. or a steamed out burley cavendish . I'm hoping the former . I could go for a blend that was a mild agro with MB GE in it , or something like that. Hell, they could use some of that Edgeworth rr they make , it's not such a good " match " but could be nice in this blend , as an example
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Never tried it but looking at the ingredients it looks like a more robust version of Captain Black Original where they've traded out the Virginia for Burley.
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

oldbill wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 am Never tried it but looking at the ingredients it looks like a more robust version of Captain Black Original where they've traded out the Virginia for Burley.
And suddenly with that description you've piqued my interest. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That could be , right ?!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

This is looking pretty good to me, as well. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Still haven't gotten this . I was at low country b&m and bought stuff , so I blew my tobacco budget there ( it was lovely ) . It will get on my next online order .

If anyone happens to smoke it ,I'd dig hearing about it