Meers that are not seeing action

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

We have a couple of weeks left in MMM, and I have three Turkish meers and two African meers everyone is probably tired of seeing in WAYS.

I also have three that are not getting much use, and I think they need to go to new homes.

Here is the deal. I would prefer that these go to someone without a meer now, so they can participate in MMM. If there is no one meerless who is interested, I will send them to anyone in good standing on the forum and the US postage is on me. There are pay-it-forward, so you don't have to send me anything. Having said that, I would like to try HH Burley Flake if anyone has some languishing around.

I will try to describe them as best I can and will post a picture. In the interests of full disclosure, I am not a fan of acrylic bits in general and am probably hypersensitive to it for some reason. Read my comments using that filter maybe.

Meer 1 [spoken for]

It is a no-name with a threaded tenon. It has a small washer so that the stem indexes correctly. The bit on this is hard and does not sit well in my teeth. Bore ID is 3/4 in. It comes with a case that was intended for another pipe, but it works.

Meer 2 [spoken for]

This is a no-name lattice meer. It has a push tenon and an acrylic stem that I find a little clunky for me. The bore ID is (guessing) about .7 in. It is under 3/4 in for sure. In the hand, it is slightly darker than the picture might suggest. It comes with a case that was made for it.

Meer 3 [spoken for]

This is an M.D. block meer with a matching case. It has a push tenon and an acrylic stem that does not sit well in my teeth. The bore ID is just barely under 3/4 in.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mrm1775

Padre I would like to take you up on one. I think #2 is pretty cool and would make a nice first Meer.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mrm1775 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 am Padre I would like to take you up on one. I think #2 is pretty cool and would make a nice first Meer.
Consider it yours. PM me shipping info. It will probably not get in the mail until Monday.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Very fine of you , Father . Those are really nice looking meers , all if them !

For anybody that doesnt have a meer , this is a great opportunity to get in on what ya dont know yet ... meers smoke great . Or maybe you already know but don't have a meer for whatever reason . In that case , you should pounce
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am Very fine of you , Father . Those are really nice looking meers , all if them !

For anybody that doesnt have a meer , this is a great opportunity to get in on what ya dont know yet ... meers smoke great . Or maybe you already know but don't have a meer for whatever reason . In that case , you should pounce
They really are nice pipes. I think they will serve people nicely. I figure if I am not using them because I have other options, I should redistribute them. I figure it will increase participation in MMM too.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mrm1775

Thank you Sir. Sending pm.
9 Iron
Founding Member

This is very cool! :clap:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

This is more proof that we have the best members in all of the interwebs.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I like one of them but have a few Meers already, and enough pipes as is. These will serve someone well. Good show, Tom.
Bamarick

FT Tom I will claim #3 if it is still available. I like bent stems and since I don't clench I don't care how it fits. Is it OK if I offer up some tobaccos as the pay it forward item? I don't have a Meer and I was hoping ot have one by next years MMM.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!