What Are You Smoking March 2019

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

oldbill wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:48 pm Having some English in the Pete Meer. I tried to match Dunhill Nightcap when I made the blend and though it isn't quite at that quality with Dunhill's well aged tobaccos and perfect ribbon cut... it ain't bad. Maybe after my blend ages for a couple of years it'll be a little closer at least in terms of taste and aroma, I know that the Virginias will only get better and the Perique (15%) should meld in more with the Latakia and Turkish ribbon. :D
Sir, I feel the hair on my chest growing just reading about your blends. :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Heading over the old mans house and we are bringing a pot of chili with us.🙂 I'm also bring a Brylon paneled Nova and some Sutliff's Mixture No.79. Alls I need is a leisure suit and I'm set, I got the shoes. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

simplepipes wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:36 am
oldbill wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:21 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:05 am I still think you've done an amazing job on that pipe!
Than you Sir! :D
Certainly agree with BR . . . your pipe looks great!

-sp
Thanks! I know that he feels better now that he's out from under all that white paint! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:33 pm
oldbill wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:48 pm Having some English in the Pete Meer. I tried to match Dunhill Nightcap when I made the blend and though it isn't quite at that quality with Dunhill's well aged tobaccos and perfect ribbon cut... it ain't bad. Maybe after my blend ages for a couple of years it'll be a little closer at least in terms of taste and aroma, I know that the Virginias will only get better and the Perique (15%) should meld in more with the Latakia and Turkish ribbon. :D
Sir, I feel the hair on my chest growing just reading about your blends. :lol:
LOL! Yeah, they're my secret "hair growing elixirs" and they seem to be working everywhere but on the top of my head where I can use the extra coverage!!! :P
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
9 Iron
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:33 pm a Brylon paneled Nova and some Sutliff's Mixture No.79. Alls I need is a leisure suit and I'm set, I got the shoes. Lol

Go big or go home:

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Haunted Bookshop in the Rob Roy
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:29 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:33 pm a Brylon paneled Nova and some Sutliff's Mixture No.79. Alls I need is a leisure suit and I'm set, I got the shoes. Lol

Go big or go home:

:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Middle Earth

McClelland No.24
In a Ser Jacopo
Posted the drive as it will look in about for weeks, jumped the gun on that. Fat fingured it.
ImageImage
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Lane RR in the Roma apple.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I usually smoke the same pipe pretty much all day, but the Punto Oro was too hard to clench. So I'm switching it up; Macanudo in this Westbrook bulldog.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-