What Are You Smoking March 2019

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm McClelland No.24
In a Ser Jacopo
Posted the drive as it will look in about for weeks, jumped the gun on that. Fat fingured it.
ImageImage
Beautiful view!

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I'm trying to get one more round out of all of the Meers today, so Bacchus is now loaded with some English baccy! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in the Altinok POY

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
9 Iron
Founding Member

Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:37 pm Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

I've been smoking SWRA recently and it's usually my forced holiday family party smoke, it tastes a lot better without the pressure.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:46 pm McClelland No.24
In a Ser Jacopo
Posted the drive as it will look in about for weeks, jumped the gun on that. Fat fingured it.
ImageImage
Great shot!
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in the Altinok billiard

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
9 Iron
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm
9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:37 pm Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

I've been smoking SWRA recently and it's usually my forced holiday family party smoke, it tastes a lot better without the pressure.
This is my first time ever smoking it, and the pipe is new as well so I’m not ready to form an opinion on it. It didn’t smell nearly as aromatic in the pouch as I thought it would but I can definitely taste the topping. I’d say it’s better than the regular SWR, definitely has the ‘My grandpas pipe in the 1960’s” smell goin on, which I really dig. The whole reason I am gathering a few of these older style (including some NOS) pipes is solely because my grandpa was my pipe smoking memory from my childhood and a huge reason I took it up later in life. He had just a few Medicos, Yello Boles and Kaywoodies in a single rack, and though my mother couldn’t for the life of her remember what he smoked (he passed in 1970), it was always “wonderful smelling and bought in pouches that were always in his shirt pocket”. When my grandmother died my brother got the little pipe rack and the pipes, they were all straight, smallish (group 3 or 4 size) and though not expensive, meticulously clean and cared for. Practical everyman pipesmoker from the middle 20th century.

I think we lost a lot when we lost our simpler times and more frugal values.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

ODF in the '69 shell

simplepipes
Codger in Training

9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm

This is my first time ever smoking it, and the pipe is new as well so I’m not ready to form an opinion on it. It didn’t smell nearly as aromatic in the pouch as I thought it would but I can definitely taste the topping. I’d say it’s better than the regular SWR, definitely has the ‘My grandpas pipe in the 1960’s” smell goin on, which I really dig. The whole reason I am gathering a few of these older style (including some NOS) pipes is solely because my grandpa was my pipe smoking memory from my childhood and a huge reason I took it up later in life. He had just a few Medicos, Yello Boles and Kaywoodies in a single rack, and though my mother couldn’t for the life of her remember what he smoked (he passed in 1970), it was always “wonderful smelling and bought in pouches that were always in his shirt pocket”. When my grandmother died my brother got the little pipe rack and the pipes, they were all straight, smallish (group 3 or 4 size) and though not expensive, meticulously clean and cared for. Practical everyman pipesmoker from the middle 20th century.

I think we lost a lot when we lost our simpler times and more frugal values.
Totally agree . . . I am trying to simplify my life.

Going to purge a few pipes in the future that do not get the attention they deserve.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .