What Are You Smoking March 2019

simplepipes
Codger in Training

Three Sails . . . Falcon w / Bantam Algiers . . . Diet Soda.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Pegasus in the Peterson FH African meer

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:37 pm Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

That's a classy lookin' Canadian, sir! :thumbs:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the Medico meer

Old Ted Award - 2017
ncrobb
Founding Member

Dunhill EMP in the Cut Down Colossal Scoop with a cup of hot black coffee.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm
9 Iron wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:37 pm Nice sunny afternoon today, a bit of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic in a Yello Bole.

I've been smoking SWRA recently and it's usually my forced holiday family party smoke, it tastes a lot better without the pressure.
This is my first time ever smoking it, and the pipe is new as well so I’m not ready to form an opinion on it. It didn’t smell nearly as aromatic in the pouch as I thought it would but I can definitely taste the topping. I’d say it’s better than the regular SWR, definitely has the ‘My grandpas pipe in the 1960’s” smell goin on, which I really dig. The whole reason I am gathering a few of these older style (including some NOS) pipes is solely because my grandpa was my pipe smoking memory from my childhood and a huge reason I took it up later in life. He had just a few Medicos, Yello Boles and Kaywoodies in a single rack, and though my mother couldn’t for the life of her remember what he smoked (he passed in 1970), it was always “wonderful smelling and bought in pouches that were always in his shirt pocket”. When my grandmother died my brother got the little pipe rack and the pipes, they were all straight, smallish (group 3 or 4 size) and though not expensive, meticulously clean and cared for. Practical everyman pipesmoker from the middle 20th century.

I think we lost a lot when we lost our simpler times and more frugal values.
That's a great memory thank you for sharing! Both my Grandfather and Father smoked pipes so I share the same thoughts as you do. Recently I've been very nostalgic with my pipe smoking.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:07 pm Image
I usually smoke the same pipe pretty much all day, but the Punto Oro was too hard to clench. So I'm switching it up; Macanudo in this Westbrook bulldog.
Same pipe. This time burning SWR.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kendal Dark in the Peterson African meer Dublin

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

It's been a busy weekend here in N 'Bama with cleaning the boat up, tidying the lawn, etc. Yesterday I only had a single bowl of Haunted Bookshop in the FT Meer, then this afternoon I had time for a bowl of SORT in the Thermofilter.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I've been smoking LC Cherry, LC Natural VaBur, LC Virginia/Oriental, and Prince Andrew in these pipes today

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!