Your Blend Recipes

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mrm1775 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:25 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:29 pm Well my press is scheduled to arrive tomorrow but my p&c order won't show up until Tuesday. Can't leave a new toy unused while I have tobacco not getting love in the rotation that I can fiddle with, right?

I considered just making a double down plug for a test, but that just seems too easy for me. So since I have this all on hand I think I'll throw together something along the lines of:

1oz Stokkebye toasted burley
1oz Sutliff VA slices
1/2oz Sutliff sweet va
That’s sounds kinda tasty
I'll be finding out in a few days lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

This is officially day 3 of the mix being in the noodle press and I am NOT going to wrench it down any tighter but I am going to leave it in for a few more days. Pretty sure I'm at the mechanical limit on this thing lol. Some future ideas are

The plug formerly known as chocolate manhood

50/50 of Lane ERR and sir Walter?

Possibly reintroducing a little deer tongue in half & half (I have a tub)
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 pm This is officially day 3 of the mix being in the noodle press and I am NOT going to wrench it down any tighter but I am going to leave it in for a few more days. Pretty sure I'm at the mechanical limit on this thing lol. Some future ideas are

I am anxious to see the results, and if the plug stays compressed or eventually starts to expand. Did you add a little extra moisture to it before pressing?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:06 pm This is officially day 3 of the mix being in the noodle press and I am NOT going to wrench it down any tighter but I am going to leave it in for a few more days. Pretty sure I'm at the mechanical limit on this thing lol. Some future ideas are

I am anxious to see the results, and if the plug stays compressed or eventually starts to expand. Did you add a little extra moisture to it before pressing?
I sprayed the burley down with a drop of molasses and some rum before. The Virginia's were left as is
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

So today the order from p&c with the 5 pouches of cb showed up. Dug out the lat & splash of perique that I had already mixed up, weighed the cb dark to make sure it was 1.5oz as listed (it is) and poured them all together on one of my mats to mix together and get to making friends for a few days before going in the press. Got it all mixed real nice and picked up the mat to dump it into a jar and it slipped out of my hand and dumped everything on the floor :lol:

Cleaned that mess up and started over again. The mix is now
0.8oz c&d green river vanilla
0.8oz what I assume is bca from a smoke shop
0.8oz c&d blending latakia
0.2oz perique that I put on a cutting board and turned into granulated perique with a very sharp knife.

There's some dfk showing up later in the week so it may get some of that tossed in too.

This will forever be known as Bastard Plug
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Man, I am just dying to see how yours looks when it comes out of the press. :lol: Mine got shipped via smartpost, so it could be next year before it actually arrives.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 pm Man, I am just dying to see how yours looks when it comes out of the press. :lol: Mine got shipped via smartpost, so it could be next year before it actually arrives.
Me too! I'm trying to be patient but that's never really been my strong suit :lol:
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:56 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:26 pm Man, I am just dying to see how yours looks when it comes out of the press. :lol: Mine got shipped via smartpost, so it could be next year before it actually arrives.
Me too! I'm trying to be patient but that's never really been my strong suit :lol:
I think you'll like the results. I pressed some of my Appalachian Blend and it took every ounce of strength to keep myself from opening the press too early but I was able to leave it in for 2 weeks. Before I put it in the press I drizzled a little Jim Beam Honey over it (that stuff ain't worth drinkin' anyway lol) and it turned out really good, it seemed to smooth the blend out almost like it had rapidly aged. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

oldbill wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:51 pm
I think you'll like the results. I pressed some of my Appalachian Blend and it took every ounce of strength to keep myself from opening the press too early but I was able to leave it in for 2 weeks. Before I put it in the press I drizzled a little Jim Beam Honey over it (that stuff ain't worth drinkin' anyway lol) and it turned out really good, it seemed to smooth the blend out almost like it had rapidly aged. :D
That looks fantastic! On my last hooch run I picked up a bottle of Rum Hispaniola gran anejo ($10 on sale) just for spritzing on tobacco. Took a little sip today just to see what I was working with and it's actually not bad. Fairly sweet and a good bit of vanilla and caramel
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:05 am
oldbill wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:51 pm

That looks fantastic! On my last hooch run I picked up a bottle of Rum Hispaniola gran anejo ($10 on sale) just for spritzing on tobacco. Took a little sip today just to see what I was working with and it's actually not bad. Fairly sweet and a good bit of vanilla and caramel
Very Nice! :thumbs:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!