Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Peacock

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 am
Peacock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:14 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:57 am
Scottish Cake is yum
Can't wait to try it. Almost grabbed multiple tins but I have such a backstock to try and I want to make sure I like something before going all in. There's so much good tobacco out there I just find myself constantly sampling
I won't discourage variety. There's probably 50 - 60 blends currently open in my rotation. It doesn't matter to me if I'm smoking Carter hall or Stonehaven, the variety and constant changing keeps things fresh and fun
It is one of my favorite things about pipe tobacco, it sates the manic part of my personality. And I think I first saw you mention something about McConnell blends last month. Thanks for the heads up!
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Peacock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:44 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 am
Peacock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:14 am
Can't wait to try it. Almost grabbed multiple tins but I have such a backstock to try and I want to make sure I like something before going all in. There's so much good tobacco out there I just find myself constantly sampling
I won't discourage variety. There's probably 50 - 60 blends currently open in my rotation. It doesn't matter to me if I'm smoking Carter hall or Stonehaven, the variety and constant changing keeps things fresh and fun
It is one of my favorite things about pipe tobacco, it sates the manic part of my personality. And I think I first saw you mention something about McConnell blends last month. Thanks for the heads up!
I like damn near everything coming from Kohlhase & Kopp (McConnell, wessex, rattray's, Fribourg & Treyer, solani, etc) They seem to keep their lines more compact and concentrate on quality instead of just throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks.

This is all just my opinion and the blends just click with me.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Peacock

Welp, I guess 4noggins doesn't have inventory control either. They just sent me an email and a refund without consulting me for the St. James Flake. This seems like an odd practice - why not offer me some other options than just refund & ship?
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:17 pm Welp, I guess 4noggins doesn't have inventory control either. They just sent me an email and a refund without consulting me for the St. James Flake. This seems like an odd practice - why not offer me some other options than just refund & ship?
It's 4noggins.. that's how they roll.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Islayphile wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 pm Image
black nostril club.
The Troll Whisperer
Mrm1775

One order made it in.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Mrm1775 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:47 pm Image
One order made it in.
Nice! :thumbs:
steamboat

I just put a Watch City Cigar order i for

16oz Watch City Slices
8oz Watch City Black Magic
8oz Watch City The Churchwarden

All these blends are new to me, and never smoked any of them. First order placed in over a year, hopefully spice things up for me. My pipes have been resting, been on a cigar hiatus. I also got a new job with an airline and get free travel, so that's where the cigar hiatus started. Easier to travel with. I was in Charlotte North Carolina, for a week of training, i totally forgot about McCranies .......
Peacock

steamboat wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:10 pm I just put a Watch City Cigar order i for

16oz Watch City Slices
8oz Watch City Black Magic
8oz Watch City The Churchwarden

All these blends are new to me, and never smoked any of them. First order placed in over a year, hopefully spice things up for me. My pipes have been resting, been on a cigar hiatus. I also got a new job with an airline and get free travel, so that's where the cigar hiatus started. Easier to travel with. I was in Charlotte North Carolina, for a week of training, i totally forgot about McCranies .......
Welcome back! Haven't tried any of those but have been impressed with every Watch City blend I've tried. Ernie is a magician!