What kind of grain can you get for $50?

9 Iron
Founding Member

A bunch, if you know where to look (hint: Kaywoodie Super Grain, wvsmokeshop)

ImageImage
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Gaahhhhhhhh! You made me look. Now that dublin is calling my name.... :(
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Not just grain from the new SM Frank stuff either.. All the newer stuff I've seen have funneled tenons and slots, as well as spot on engineering(tenon-mortise gap is minimal, draft hole correctly drilled, etc). Frankly( :lol: ) I don't think there is really a better deal if you are looking for a good smoker.. that is, if you are averse to new Dr. G.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Have any of you enablers bought one of the WVSS pipes finished in the kaywoodie factory?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 pm Have any of you enablers bought one of the WVSS pipes finished in the kaywoodie factory?
I have not.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm A bunch, if you know where to look (hint: Kaywoodie Super Grain, wvsmokeshop)

ImageImage
Very nice! I'm not looking at pipes "no more".
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 pm Have any of you enablers bought one of the WVSS pipes finished in the kaywoodie factory?
I have one, there are photos of it back in the WAYS thread. It’s a great little smoker, very well done. FWIW, on ebay Tim West is also selling the same basic thing, unsmoked old stummels fitted with new stems and finished nicely. They are sold under the name Old West Briar.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Found the pics.

West Virginia Smokeshop pipe finished by the Kaywoodie guys:

Tim West Old West Briar:

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

9 Iron wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm
I have one, there are photos of it back in the WAYS thread. It’s a great little smoker, very well done. FWIW, on ebay Tim West is also selling the same basic thing, unsmoked old stummels fitted with new stems and finished nicely. They are sold under the name Old West Briar.
Thanks for the tip but I really like the rustication they use on the WVSS pipes. I still find it hard to believe that people just "find" all of these unfinished stummels
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Check the medicos out at WV . I foget the name of the line/finish but they look nice
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.