Gardening

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The " mulch " is hard maple that shoots out the moulding machine at work . I got more to bring home tomorrow , if I remember
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

They're growing ...

ImageImage

The German Johnson has got black on the leaves and hasn't flowered , though it's grown quite large . Dont kniw why that is and im tempted to pull it but will wait and see next weekend . The Early Girl is smallish in comparison to the others and just started some flowers and one super tiny tomato . I'd guess thst thed Early Girl isn't gonna be earlier than the star if them , which is the San Marzano . Both of those are growing excellent and have tomato clusters already on them as well as multiple flowers . The Celebrity is more a buydh type plant and it's not as high but wider . It has flowers and one little tomato .
Other than the German Johnson , uts looking good
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

You are aware that they do sell pre made tomato cages right?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

mrpipster wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 pm You are aware that they do sell pre made tomato cages right?
Yup , but I got this wire stuff and figured I'd use it ... It works :thumbs:
Whistlebritches

These are my Celebrity's.......I had 5 but the one on the far end died of some wilt disease.Rather than start a late mater plant I threw in an orange bell pepper plant.We've yet to enjoy a mater but as you can see they are loaded.......soon,very soon.
Whistlebritches

Those two monster's in the middle far end are my cherry maters.I've been trimming them back but they're still getting away from me.

And as all can see......we've been concentrating on getting the house painted,not weeding the garden.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lookin good , man !
Wooda
Founding Member

Squirrels dug up some seeds, a passing woodchuck sampled the greens, but the garden is established.

I planted the beans too early in my 3 sisters beds. They're out growing the corn and climbing all over ghemselves.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

I'll snap some current shots of our garden. I can't believe how large yalls plants are. We are staking our tomatoes and beans tomorrow if the lightning holds off. Those are some good looking gardens fellas.
Whistlebritches

Wildcrow wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:24 pm I'll snap some current shots of our garden. I can't believe how large yalls plants are. We are staking our tomatoes and beans tomorrow if the lightning holds off. Those are some good looking gardens fellas.
I can't speak for Georgia........but we all know everything grows bigger in Texas :D :D