What Are You Smoking April 2019

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:58 pm Started off a bowl of Watch City Slices in the GBD pot, but it didn't work out. about mid bowl on the SWRA I had before it, it began to gurgle like a baby. almost immediately into the WCS it started up again. :(
Switched out to Grand Duke with the WCS and now am smoking gurgle free. Mexi Coca-Cola on the side.
That's no bueno. What are you doing wrong :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
colorduke

Pa in a Smokemaster Bard.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Busy day, no pipes til now. Got this slender Algerian briar billiard burning Macanudo. Happy Saturday evening, all!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:35 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:46 pm ODF-RR in a Jesse Jones bulldog

🤔 This is not an inexpensive pipe, Sir.
There is always the craps game behind Paul's Pipe Shop.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:35 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:46 pm ODF-RR in a Jesse Jones bulldog

🤔 This is not an inexpensive pipe, Sir.
There is always the craps game behind Paul's Pipe Shop.
I always had a feelin' you were a shooter! 👍lol
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:38 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:58 pm Started off a bowl of Watch City Slices in the GBD pot, but it didn't work out. about mid bowl on the SWRA I had before it, it began to gurgle like a baby. almost immediately into the WCS it started up again. :(
Switched out to Grand Duke with the WCS and now am smoking gurgle free. Mexi Coca-Cola on the side.
It was even SWRA and Watch City Slices, nice and dry. Not blends that are prone to gurgle, that's for sure. Who knows.. definitely could be me. :D
Got to give it to the Grand Dukes though.. they haven't ever gurgled even a little bit. Bubbled finish yes.. but they smoke great :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:36 pm
It was even SWRA and Watch City Slices, nice and dry. Not blends that are prone to gurgle, that's for sure. Who knows.. definitely could be me. :D
Got to give it to the Grand Dukes though.. they haven't ever gurgled even a little bit. Bubbled finish yes.. but they smoke great :lol:
My gbd ebony tends to be slightly wet but it doesn't deter me from smoking it. I figure I just need to work on caking it better and maybe check the airway and adjust my habits if need be
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Scap

Ashton Artisans Blend in the Rossi paired with some Ethiopian coffee.

First bowl of this stuff. Totally digging the smokey, leathery, and sweet flavors that are tumbling around on my tongue. I was initially worried it was going to taste awful, but I'm glad I tried it

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Wessex Burley Slice in the Grand Duke.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

i'd like to know the answer...LOL
insufferable filter guy