Cigarettes

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

My first smoke was around the age of 15 or 16 and was a Winston red stolen from my mom. A friend at the time would steal chesterfields from his mom and we'd smoke those. Once I discovered that I could buy my own from the liquor store down the street i was hooked on Camel filters with the occasional pack of non-filter tossed in for variety. Worked through about every brand I could get over the next 22 years and stayed with menthols the longest. Kool, camel crush, pall mall, didn't matter. Whatever I could afford. I quit smoking but never gave up nicotine. I enjoy her friendship too much to give her up
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
steamboat

I quit smoking 5 years ago, but i have to break the ice, and admit that i do inhale some pipe tobacco not all. I had to give Dark Birdseye a rest, because after smoking that for weeks on end, at the end of the binge i was inhaling every puff. It tasted just like Drum, which i loved and was to expensive. I still inhale Haunted Bookshop, now and again, especially the first few puffs. Any Virginia or Burley, i take a few inhales here and there, but never with Lat Blends.

I was a Marlboro Red smoker for 20 years, but my favorite treat smokes, were Kent Kings.

If i was stuffing tubes today, i would roll Dark Birdseye every time
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Wooda wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 am
sisyphus wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am no commercial cigarette is worth smoking. The plastic papers are a dealbreaker, and the only cigarette that still tastes like it used to is Luckys.

Never fear, get a Top-o-matic and buy Daughters & Ryan tobacco. Many excellent cigarette tobaccos that do not contain the weird additives that commercial cigarettes do. Better than any commercial cigarette ever was, and $20/lb. I also find that smoking D&R cigarettes does not impact my respiratory health even close to how rough I feel when I smoke commercial cigarettes. I don't wake up and hack in the morning like I used to smoking D&R. Until I give them up again that's all I'll smoke.
I have to ask, does picayune make a good cig?
No it's absolutely awful as a cigarette. Weird because on paper it should work, but it's very harsh and has a strong impact on respiratory health, moreso than any cigarette I ever smoked. I bought a pound of it for cigarettes based on past experience with all D&R tobacco, and I had to mix it with other D&R blends in small quantities to use it up. It was that or the trash, it really was unsmokable as a cigarette.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:44 am
Wooda wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 am
sisyphus wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am no commercial cigarette is worth smoking. The plastic papers are a dealbreaker, and the only cigarette that still tastes like it used to is Luckys.

Never fear, get a Top-o-matic and buy Daughters & Ryan tobacco. Many excellent cigarette tobaccos that do not contain the weird additives that commercial cigarettes do. Better than any commercial cigarette ever was, and $20/lb. I also find that smoking D&R cigarettes does not impact my respiratory health even close to how rough I feel when I smoke commercial cigarettes. I don't wake up and hack in the morning like I used to smoking D&R. Until I give them up again that's all I'll smoke.
I have to ask, does picayune make a good cig?
American Spirit makes cigarettes with perique...roll your own pouches too. So I'll say it makes good cigarettes.
Yeah they are good, but they have the plastic paper and their filters are super dense and they all have a very, very stiff draw.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

FWIW the very best cigarette I ever had was GH Kendal Dark, but it's very stout and you can't smoke them all day. More of an after dinner cigarette, but man is it tasty.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:51 am I liked smoking cigarettes. Of course I inhaled. I don't inhale any smoke anymore, so no more cigarettes for me. I guess I could smoke them like a cigar or pipe but that just doesn't feel right to me. Ya gots to get that sweet, sweet smoke deep down to get a satisfying cigarette smoke. At least I do. I liked Lucky Strike and Pall Mall for unfiltered. Camels were ok, but not as good. I liked a couple of menthols later on, they might have been my favorites. Kool Filter Kings were the best. And they had a nice clean, white pack I liked. Image Nowadays it's some green looking pack that I hate. Image I bet the cigarettes are different too. I do not like the change...any change really, but you got to adapt, right? And...you can't find a soft pack to save your life.
My mother used to smoke Kool's too in soft pack, she was a pack a day with her fancy case. For a few years prior up until she passed my father would buy cartons online by the case. To make a long story short, the Taxman hit him with a bill for 5k. Turns out the guy who was selling them got audited and they came knocking. :shock:
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:51 am I liked smoking cigarettes. Of course I inhaled. I don't inhale any smoke anymore, so no more cigarettes for me. I guess I could smoke them like a cigar or pipe but that just doesn't feel right to me. Ya gots to get that sweet, sweet smoke deep down to get a satisfying cigarette smoke. At least I do. I liked Lucky Strike and Pall Mall for unfiltered. Camels were ok, but not as good. I liked a couple of menthols later on, they might have been my favorites. Kool Filter Kings were the best. And they had a nice clean, white pack I liked. Image Nowadays it's some green looking pack that I hate. Image I bet the cigarettes are different too. I do not like the change...any change really, but you got to adapt, right? And...you can't find a soft pack to save your life.
My mother used to smoke Kool's too in soft pack, she was a pack a day with her fancy case. For a few years prior up until she passed my father would buy cartons online by the case. To make a long story short, the Taxman hit him with a bill for 5k. Turns out the guy who was selling them got audited and they came knocking. :shock:
Yikes!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mrm1775

Smoked Marlboro red for a few decades.
Now if I have a cig it’s one I make.
I still make em for the wife.
The best I have found is D&R two timer mixed 50/50 with Penhooker in a zen full flavor tube.
My my my what a tasty smoke.
Added bonus is they come out to 1.13 a pack
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I haven't smoked in more years than I can remember... Though in 2016, January to be exact, I smoked a pack of Camel regulars; but that's a tale for another time perhaps. Anyway, I started smoking when I was 18, over 20 years ago now! Pall Mall unfiltered were the first cigarettes I ever bought, $2 a pack. Smoked Camels for awhile, Turkish Royal was my preferred, but Pall Mall regulars, filtered or not, was my favorite cig. I did like Nat Shermans as well and probably still would. My all time favorite cigarette is something that I can no longer recall the name of... these things were almost $10 a pack back in the late '90's! The only thing I can remember other than the price was that they were German and amazing.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:49 am I haven't smoked in more years than I can remember... Though in 2016, January to be exact, I smoked a pack of Camel regulars; but that's a tale for another time perhaps. Anyway, I started smoking when I was 18, over 20 years ago now! Pall Mall unfiltered were the first cigarettes I ever bought, $2 a pack. Smoked Camels for awhile, Turkish Royal was my preferred, but Pall Mall regulars, filtered or not, was my favorite cig. I did like Nat Shermans as well and probably still would. My all time favorite cigarette is something that I can no longer recall the name of... these things were almost $10 a pack back in the late '90's! The only thing I can remember other than the price was that they were German and amazing.
Probably Botschafter. Those were some good smokes.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt