Homemade Pipe Stands

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

First of all.... Hello everybody! I been away awhile and won't make promises about being around more, (until I can afford internet at home, I'll be here sporadically at work). Second of all, I got an idea back in that PSF boasting thread, I claimed that I made the best pipe stands ever. Someone else wanted to see pics, well my idea is this: this thread is for any pipe stand that YOU made, doesn't matter what it's made of, the only stipulation is that you made it for your pipe(s). Here's my first example:

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I've got two more similar in the works. Anyway, what all have you made? Post as many pics as you feel isn't ridiculous!
(That's the second pipe I ever bought, my Kaywoodie Church Warden)
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 pm I've got two more similar in the works. Anyway, what all have you made? Post as many pics as you feel isn't ridiculous!
That Kaywoodie looks like it needed its own rack, and the one you made fits it perfectly. Very nice!
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Longshanks wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm
Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 pm I've got two more similar in the works. Anyway, what all have you made? Post as many pics as you feel isn't ridiculous!
That Kaywoodie looks like it needed its own rack, and the one you made fits it perfectly. Very nice!
Thanks, I've got three pipes that need their own special rack/stand and since I'm almost always walking around the river finding stuff, and I love driftwood, it just seemed a good fit!
nimazparsa

Thats very nice. I suggest you use some shiny coatings for that. You can spray on it or sink on a tin of it.
Then could be more beautiful beside that shiny pipe...
Only a suggestion
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

nimazparsa wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 am Thats very nice. I suggest you use some shiny coatings for that. You can spray on it or sink on a tin of it.
Only a suggestion

I've thought about giving it a coating... I just love the natural look of the wood so much I don't know how I'd feel if it were shined up! I've still got two more to make, and now that the weather is nice I'll have to get them done as well.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:29 am
nimazparsa wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 am Thats very nice. I suggest you use some shiny coatings for that. You can spray on it or sink on a tin of it.
Only a suggestion

I've thought about giving it a coating... I just love the natural look of the wood so much I don't know how I'd feel if it were shined up! I've still got two more to make, and now that the weather is nice I'll have to get them done as well.
I'm more of a matte / satin finish fan myself. Gloss takes away from the natural beauty too much in my opinion
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

I'm not sayin I have too much time on my hands, but...
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Whalehead King

JTWilliams wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:16 pm I'm not sayin I have too much time on my hands, but...
And I think my desk is messy!