Cigarettes

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Tube stuffing Cherokee Turkish Blend mixed with Jester in a Regular 100
once in a while i'll go premium and roll up some PS Amsterdam mixed with PS Turkish

much better than pre-rolled cigarettes on the market

:thumbs:
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Wooda wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 am
sisyphus wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am no commercial cigarette is worth smoking. The plastic papers are a dealbreaker, and the only cigarette that still tastes like it used to is Luckys.

Never fear, get a Top-o-matic and buy Daughters & Ryan tobacco. Many excellent cigarette tobaccos that do not contain the weird additives that commercial cigarettes do. Better than any commercial cigarette ever was, and $20/lb. I also find that smoking D&R cigarettes does not impact my respiratory health even close to how rough I feel when I smoke commercial cigarettes. I don't wake up and hack in the morning like I used to smoking D&R. Until I give them up again that's all I'll smoke.
I have to ask, does picayune make a good cig?
I remember Picayune cigarettes from the 60s &70s. The package said "extra mild". Biggest lie ever told. Those were the strongest, roughest things you could smoke. If you ever had a problem with folks bumming too many of your smoke, just buy a pack of Picayunes for the next time somebody asks for a smoke. They would never ask again! :lol:
Puff nstuff

The first cigarettes I smoked were clove cigarettes. I could go riffing on what I remember the differences were among the many brands of cloves I smoked, but probably no one is interested in that.

As far as regular cigarette tobaccos, I started with Drum and Galoises, and eventually tried other Euro shags like Bali and Samsun, but always came back to Drum - I just preferred that flavor. I was a light smoker and never smoked any regular commercially manufactured cigs other than the occasional Camel that I bummed from a friend in Mexico who smoked them nonstop. They just smelled too nasty for me. Every once in awhile I would buy an unfiltered brand down in Mexico called Alas- they were mild and a little bit sweet, those and Delicatos.

I'm in possession of an old pouch of Drum that I've been meaning to rehydrate and try in a pipe one of these days. I do get the urge to roll and fire one up from time to time.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:09 pm The first cigarettes I smoked were clove cigarettes. I could go riffing on what I remember the differences were among the many brands of cloves I smoked, but probably no one is interested in that.

As far as regular cigarette tobaccos, I started with Drum and Galoises, and eventually tried other Euro shags like Bali and Samsun, but always came back to Drum - I just preferred that flavor. I was a light smoker and never smoked any regular commercially manufactured cigs other than the occasional Camel that I bummed from a friend in Mexico who smoked them nonstop. They just smelled too nasty for me. Every once in awhile I would buy an unfiltered brand down in Mexico called Alas- they were mild and a little bit sweet, those and Delicatos.

I'm in possession of an old pouch of Drum that I've been meaning to rehydrate and try in a pipe one of these days. I do get the urge to roll and fire one up from time to time.
Drum tastes real good and the cut is perfect for rolling . Ive tried all that you mention except the Galoises , which Ive only had the pack of and they are pretty damn good :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Cigarettes are bad for your health.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:35 pm Cigarettes are bad for your health.
You are warned :lol:

Ban alert
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:44 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:35 pm Cigarettes are bad for your health.

Ban alert
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:09 pm The first cigarettes I smoked were clove cigarettes. I could go riffing on what I remember the differences were among the many brands of cloves I smoked, but probably no one is interested in that.

I have smoked the PS shags intended for rolling in the pipe. They work best for me if they are on the moist side of ideal.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:48 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:44 pm

Ban alert

:lol:
Puff nstuff

Thanks, Captain.

https://images.app.goo.gl/q1BjbuyFdiNyzLAJA
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪