Your Blend Recipes

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:09 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:04 pm Next one is already under the screw for a few days. It's a modified version of something I've seen the good father post in the past.

1.75oz C&D Winchester
0.65oz DFK
Splash of perique (5-6 grams-ish)

Warmed and screwed. No casings or any other trickery. Mainly because the company I ordered my gum Arabic from must be busy indulging in oregon's finest and couldn't get motivated to ship til this morning. Lol
That's what you get for trusting an Oregonian..
Right? An herb / organics shop in Oregon who basically states their shipping policy is "eh. In a day or two maybe". Your people...
I bet it's Mountain Rose here in Eugene.. that would make total sense.
I hate Oregon.. No way I am getting lumped in with all these hippy(ster)-dippy do-whatever weed freebasing idiots. I am leaving this state the first chance I get.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 pm

That's what you get for trusting an Oregonian..
Right? An herb / organics shop in Oregon who basically states their shipping policy is "eh. In a day or two maybe". Your people...
I hate Oregon.. No way I am getting lumped in with all these hippy(ster)-dippy do-whatever weed freebasing idiots. I am leaving this state the first chance I get.
Nailed it. My feelings are exactly the same about CA too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm

They are about a one minute drive from me, so if you want I can go down there and get some and mail it to you if they can't manage to put down the funions and ship some.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm

They are about a one minute drive from me, so if you want I can go down there and get some and mail it to you if they can't manage to put down the funions and ship some.
Appreciate the offer. According to tracking its "on the way to a usps facility" I assume the whole neighborhood will reek of nag champa to signal its arrival
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

The Bastard sure is an odd one. It keeps changing (for the better in my opinion) Last night's round was much bolder in the lat / perique / dfk department but the aromatic was still obviously there. It's still... Buttery creamy, which is odd. And even with a couple hours of dry time it is one goopy smoke. Using plastic caps instead of paper on the end of the press may have been a bad idea? Maybe I could have squeezed more goop out? I don't know anything other than it's getting pretty damn enjoyable
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 pm The Bastard sure is an odd one. It keeps changing (for the better in my opinion) Last night's round was much bolder in the lat / perique / dfk department but the aromatic was still obviously there. It's still... Buttery creamy, which is odd. And even with a couple hours of dry time it is one goopy smoke. Using plastic caps instead of paper on the end of the press may have been a bad idea? Maybe I could have squeezed more goop out? I don't know anything other than it's getting pretty damn enjoyable
You could always use a coffee filter on the base and just set the press inside a ziplock. Buttery Creamy sounds pretty dang good to me!
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 pm The Bastard sure is an odd one. It keeps changing (for the better in my opinion) Last night's round was much bolder in the lat / perique / dfk department but the aromatic was still obviously there. It's still... Buttery creamy, which is odd. And even with a couple hours of dry time it is one goopy smoke. Using plastic caps instead of paper on the end of the press may have been a bad idea? Maybe I could have squeezed more goop out? I don't know anything other than it's getting pretty damn enjoyable
You could always use a coffee filter on the base and just set the press inside a ziplock. Buttery Creamy sounds pretty dang good to me!
I leave it sitting on a paper plate to catch any run off. I'm just wondering if I would have pressed more of the goop out if I used parchment inside instead of my plastic stopper.

The aro part legit reminds me at times of scraping up a spoonful of butter pecan ice cream but not getting any pecans in it. That's the best I can do to describe it
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Winchester + dark fired hot off the press. I'll be trying this one at the meet later today

Ingredients are mostly together for the next round but I still need to prep a little casing and some magic so I'm not sure if I'll get it together before the meet or tonight or whenever
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:35 pm Winchester + dark fired hot off the press. I'll be trying this one at the meet later today

Ingredients are mostly together for the next round but I still need to prep a little casing and some magic so I'm not sure if I'll get it together before the meet or tonight or whenever
Another tasty looking puck. I need to get my butt in gear and resupply my blending stuff!
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Just loaded some anise/molasses cased Lane White Burley into the press. I used the same molasses casing but added 3/4 TSP of anise seed per cup of casing. This time I increased the casing amount to 2ml per ounce of tobacco. The casing tasted really good, so hopefully it plays nice in there.
― Theodore Roosevelt