Your Blend Recipes

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I threw a weird one in the press yesterday but I needed to consult my computer to remember what it was :lol:

0.75oz stokkebye toasted burley
1oz stokkebye 702 burley
1oz luxury twist flake (rubbed out of course)
0.5oz c&d izmir

The burleys and twist made friendly with a shot glass of bourbon in a container for around 2 weeks. Everything got a spritzing of a light casing made with brown sugar, white sugar, and a drop of molasses. A tiny bit of blood orange bitters snuck into the small bit of casing. So did some magic glue. I plan on leaving this particular train wreck in the press for a week
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:45 pm I threw a weird one in the press yesterday but I needed to consult my computer to remember what it was :lol:

1oz stokkebye 702 burley
0.5oz c&d izmir

The burleys and twist made friendly with a shot glass of bourbon in a container for around 2 weeks. Everything got a spritzing of a light casing made with brown sugar, white sugar, and a drop of molasses. A tiny bit of blood orange bitters snuck into the small bit of casing. So did some magic glue. I plan on leaving this particular train wreck in the press for a week
Everything sounds good, and I am curious to see how the Izmir does in there. Sometimes it really highlights the burley, other times it tastes like a dead snake on burned toast. I bet it will be good though.. :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
9 Iron
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 pm it tastes like a dead snake on burned toast.
My wife is going to be pissed when she finds out you guys are using her secret recipe.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:45 pm I threw a weird one in the press yesterday but I needed to consult my computer to remember what it was :lol:

1oz stokkebye 702 burley
0.5oz c&d izmir

Everything sounds good, and I am curious to see how the Izmir does in there. Sometimes it really highlights the burley, other times it tastes like a dead snake on burned toast. I bet it will be good though.. :lol:
9 Iron wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:07 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 pm it tastes like a dead snake on burned toast.
My wife is going to be pissed when she finds out you guys are using her secret recipe.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm definitely hoping to avoid any dead snake flavor. Originally there was going to be a tiny bit of latakia in it but I didn't feel like finding the jar. The izmir was in plain sight
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:35 pm Winchester + dark fired hot off the press. I'll be trying this one at the meet later today

Ingredients are mostly together for the next round but I still need to prep a little casing and some magic so I'm not sure if I'll get it together before the meet or tonight or whenever
w00t! That sounds good.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:38 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:35 pm Winchester + dark fired hot off the press. I'll be trying this one at the meet later today

Ingredients are mostly together for the next round but I still need to prep a little casing and some magic so I'm not sure if I'll get it together before the meet or tonight or whenever
w00t! That sounds good.
It's absolutely fantastic (love at first puff type stuff) . Based off of a mix I saw you speak about multiple times. It somehow makes the reds in the Winchester taste... Redder. I'll check my stock of Winchester and send you one sometime soon padre
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm

w00t! That sounds good.
It's absolutely fantastic (love at first puff type stuff) . Based off of a mix I saw you speak about multiple times. It somehow makes the reds in the Winchester taste... Redder. I'll check my stock of Winchester and send you one sometime soon padre
Winchester is good, and I have smoked a fair amount of it in the past. It is tasty as is but it is just too mild for my leathery palate.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:22 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm

w00t! That sounds good.
Winchester is good, and I have smoked a fair amount of it in the past. It is tasty as is but it is just too mild for my leathery palate.
Yes, it is definitely a mild mild smoke. Kentucky is a perfect addition
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

My Anise Burley came out of the press a couple minutes ago. I think I sufficiently cranked down on the press, and the tobacco was much warmer, and a tad more moist from the extra casing. It came out about half height of my last two(with a half ounce more tobacco), and it feels almost like plastic. I can't really smell the anise in it, so hopefully it comes through in the flavor, otherwise I might have to start not being so conservative with my additives.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:41 pm My Anise Burley came out of the press a couple minutes ago. I think I sufficiently cranked down on the press, and the tobacco was much warmer, and a tad more moist from the extra casing. It came out about half height of my last two(with a half ounce more tobacco), and it feels almost like plastic. I can't really smell the anise in it, so hopefully it comes through in the flavor, otherwise I might have to start not being so conservative with my additives.

Looks fantastic. I think it's definitely going to take some experimenting to get an actual flavor dialed in vs a hint of aromatic