What Are You Smoking April 2019

9 Iron
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 pm
9 Iron wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:11 pm The price you pay for living in the woods... we get the same sounds here, we also live close to Ft Dix and Mcquire AFB so in the summer they are firing off the big guns.

Alas, I live near a small wooded area, but it’s smack in the middle of town, a quarter mile from a hospital. It’s a concession to the wife, though thankfully she’s growing weary of it. We lived for a long time out in the sticks but the kids grew up, nobody was riding our horses and neither of us wanted the work involved in 10 acres and four horses any longer. Now I just want out of California and into a small place in the woods somewhere in a moderate climate.

Soon, soon....
Don't bother coming to Oregon.. with all the Californians fleeing their state(because it sucks), it's basically New California up here. We are packing up and moving to a podunk town near the Mountains in Idaho in a couple months, and will finally be free of it.
If you cordoned off Portland and gave it to Washington you’d probably be alright.

My first choice is Idaho, but I don’t know if the wife can take the winters. If she could I’d go ahead and move to Montana.
Flyfish Falls

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:42 pm Low Country Natural Virginia and Burley in a Vittoria 8315
Funny to hear you say that Kevin, since I just posted regarding mixing SWR with Low Country! :thumbs:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:19 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:11 pm
9 Iron wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:57 pm

It looks nice but it sounds like fire engine sirens and weedeaters most of the time. Could be worse, can’t complain.
The price you pay for living in the woods... we get the same sounds here, we also live close to Ft Dix and Mcquire AFB so in the summer they are firing off the big guns.

Alas, I live near a small wooded area, but it’s smack in the middle of town, a quarter mile from a hospital. It’s a concession to the wife, though thankfully she’s growing weary of it. We lived for a long time out in the sticks but the kids grew up, nobody was riding our horses and neither of us wanted the work involved in 10 acres and four horses any longer. Now I just want out of California and into a small place in the woods somewhere in a moderate climate.

Soon, soon....
There is always New Jerey! No shortage of freight here. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the Silver Duke pot

I reamed what seemed like 1/4 cup of cake out of this pipe. I have a few pipes that build heel cake something fierce. It gets high enough that I have to pick/drill a hole in it by the draft with the Senior reamer drill thing. Getting that heel cake out takes some doing. The bowl is deeper now.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Supper out with friends. Now home and in the den, pup at my feet, and today's Grabow Freehand burning Macanudo. Dear Sweetie likes the room note enough to stay in the den with me as I smoke it! (My next bowl will be something stinky. :lol: )
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:30 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:04 pm Gonna definitely be in the dog house tonight, it's my wife's Birthday and I'm gonna be out late with work! :shock: Smoking Sutliff's mocha strips in a Kaywoodie 98b.
Oh, I know that feeling! Few years ago I took mine to Hawaii to make up for being gone on her birthday lol
Yeah, that's not happening here. Lol
Mebbe Dairy Queen?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:30 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Oh, I know that feeling! Few years ago I took mine to Hawaii to make up for being gone on her birthday lol
Yeah, that's not happening here. Lol
Mebbe Dairy Queen?
That's more like it! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Flyfish Falls wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:36 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:42 pm Low Country Natural Virginia and Burley in a Vittoria 8315
Funny to hear you say that Kevin, since I just posted regarding mixing SWR with Low Country! :thumbs:
How'd that turn out?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welp, it wasn't as bad as my mind told me it was going to be, we had a nice little spread of sushi/sashimi and finished up with a small icecream cake.The coast is clear...

Smoking Grousemoor in the FT+zip and drinking tea.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:22 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:30 pm Yeah, that's not happening here. Lol
Mebbe Dairy Queen?
That's more like it! Lol
Hey bro, I know blue collar life! :D