What Machine Made Cigar Are You Smoking Today? WMMCAYST™

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dutch Masters Palma ... my wife is driving me crazy .... ever been there before ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:33 pm Dutch Masters Palma ... my wife is driving me crazy .... ever been there before ?
I've never even been within the boundaries of the State of Georgia.
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:22 pm I am leisurely smoking a Swisher Sweet Perfecto while waiting on the wife and her mother to finish shopping, looking, or whatever it is they are doing in there. No rush.
The only thing worth looking at in this picturesque view is that cigar and your shiny wedding ring. Hope you enjoyed the cigar and my best wishes to Mrs. Keith. She must be a saint.

As for the air conditioning units, or whatever those things, are, the handicapped sign, the featureless building with no windows, and the parked cars behind you----that wait for them to finish shopping was no walk in the park. Good thing you had a good machine made cigar to keep you company.
Whalehead King

Man, I'm jonesing for a Cel-Ray to go with my White Lightning Crook tonight. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm smoking a Swisher Sweet Perfecto. These all HTL beauties are the brylon of the cigar world. When the industry came up with HTL they thought it would be the wave of the future and that everyone would love it. Hindsight being 20/20 we know that while HTL has it's place, it wasn't the tobacco blockbuster they thought it would be. Swisher introduced the Swisher Sweet in 1958. 8-)

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:42 pm I'm smoking a Swisher Sweet Perfecto. These all HTL beauties are the brylon of the cigar world. When the industry came up with HTL they thought it would be the wave of the future and that everyone would love it. Hindsight being 20/20 we know that while HTL has it's place, it wasn't the tobacco blockbuster they thought it would be. Swisher introduced the Swisher Sweet in 1958.

I have to admit that I actually enjoy a Swisher now and again(and a Black & Mild too). My main problem with HTL is the level that they now process it. They take broken lamina and shred it, soak it in a water/ethanol solution to degrade the cellulose structure of the leaf cells so it pulps and then petroleum-ether extraction to remove undesirable compounds, then flash off the solvent and capture the moisture distillate. They then add a cellulose based adhesive, pH Adjusters(various carbonates) and additional flavorings to the captured distillate which they then spray back on to the tobacco.. at which point the pulp is then extruded into sheet and force dried. The process isn't that far from how they make paper really. I am not one of those people who is adamantly against processing of anything, but that level of adulteration makes me sorta nervous.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:42 pm I'm smoking a Swisher Sweet Perfecto. These all HTL beauties are the brylon of the cigar world. When the industry came up with HTL they thought it would be the wave of the future and that everyone would love it. Hindsight being 20/20 we know that while HTL has it's place, it wasn't the tobacco blockbuster they thought it would be. Swisher introduced the Swisher Sweet in 1958.

I have to admit that I actually enjoy a Swisher now and again(and a Black & Mild too). My main problem with HTL is the level that they now process it. They take broken lamina and shred it, soak it in a water/ethanol solution to degrade the cellulose structure of the leaf cells so it pulps and then petroleum-ether extraction to remove undesirable compounds, then flash off the solvent and capture the moisture distillate. They then add a cellulose based adhesive, pH Adjusters(various carbonates) and additional flavorings to the captured distillate which they then spray back on to the tobacco.. at which point the pulp is then extruded into sheet and force dried. The process isn't that far from how they make paper really. I am not one of those people who is adamantly against processing of anything, but that level of adulteration makes me sorta nervous.
Better living through chemistry...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I love my cheroots!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Whalehead King

Chef Benny wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 am Image

I love my cheroots!
These are good cigars. I gotta buy me a box. Thanks for reminding me. Where do you get them Chef?