What Are You Smoking May 2019

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in the BST pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Scap wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 pm Plum pudding in the new pipe.
And a grand pipe it is! ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Scap

oldbill wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:57 pm
Scap wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 pm Plum pudding in the new pipe.
And a grand pipe it is! ;)
Thanks, I'm really enjoying it. Fits my hand perfectly, and is burning nice and cool.
avid

what month is this...not april 31st...?
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in a '81 Dunhill billiard

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Mac Baren Virginia Flake / Ryback Gold Mix . . . Newly Modified MM Pony Express (bored to ~ 7/8") . . . Stout Brewed Mug of Decaf Assam.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I've got some VaPerTurk smoldering in the Velani after a restful day. The last couple of weeks have been hectic and I needed a day like today to recharge a little,... back at the grind tomorrow though. :roll: :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Smoking some Houtencake in the old england 52s apple this evening. Dickel #8 on the side
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Continuing through the samples with some Watergate in the Comoy's 497 pot
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
SidStavros
Member in Good Standing

In 1946 he was invited by the organizers of the 50th Boston Marathon. He decides to take part, although he has been absent from sporting activities for a long time.
The Boston Marathon was one of the most difficult of the time. The ''favori'' for the race of 1946 was the English Kenneth Bailey and the American (winner of the previous year) Johnny Kelly. Nobody counted the suffering from the hunger of the German Occupation of Greece (1941-45) weak Stelios Kyriakidis.
Kyriakides was determined to run and nothing could stop him. He signs a responsible statement that he is aware of the danger and is preparing for the Marathon but even the doctors had objections to his participation while the newspapers ironically called him: "the skinny Greek".
It started slowly and in the middle of the route it accelerated. Because he had not run a marathon run for more than six years he started making a power saving until midway through. And somewhere there is what he feels it has the strength to achieve its goal. He passed one athlete after another. It ran for all the Greeks and the victory was one-way for him!
Just a few miles before the end, Kyriakides listens to a Greek who calls out to him: "For Greece, my Stelios. For your children. "
His words put wings on his feet. He picks up all his physical reserves, passes champion Johnny Kelly and finishes first shouting: "For Greece". His time was 2:29:27
When Johnny Kelly was asked "how did he lose from this skinny Greek?", He replied: "Only me lost? No one was able to win it. I was running for myself and he was running for a whole Nation."

[Note the pipe smoker on the right side of the finish-line]

I am smoking 4noggins Double Fantasy, double espresso plus cool water beside me.
Blog for the New pipe smoker: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr