Your Blend Recipes

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

My own twist on a VaPer is a little spicier but is slightly sweeter. Nice morning smoke! ;)
Old Bill's VaPerTurk blend...
2 parts Longcut Virginia (This Virginia burns a little slower and cooler and gives a slight caramel note to the blend)
1 part Sutliff Stoved Black Virginia (slows down the burn and adds a subtle sweetness)
1 part Blending Turkish Ribbon Cut (makes a VaPer a little more interesting with it's herbal, incense quality)
1 part Granulated Perique (20% gives the blend a nice peppery, earthy note... and kicks up the Vitamin N)
I get everything from the P&C blending tobaccos page...
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/shop/ble ... s/1800508/
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

oldbill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:15 pm My own twist on a VaPer is a little spicier but is slightly sweeter. Nice morning smoke! ;)
2 parts Longcut Virginia (This Virginia burns a little slower and cooler and gives a slight caramel note to the blend)
1 part Sutliff Stoved Black Virginia (slows down the burn and adds a subtle sweetness)
1 part Blending Turkish Ribbon Cut (makes a VaPer a little more interesting with it's herbal, incense quality)
1 part Granulated Perique (20% gives the blend a nice peppery, earthy note... and kicks up the Vitamin N)
This one is definitely in the must try column
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:41 pm
oldbill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:15 pm My own twist on a VaPer is a little spicier but is slightly sweeter. Nice morning smoke! ;)
This one is definitely in the must try column
Yeah, I highly recommend it. Just for fun I just lit a bowl of this in a different pipe right after finishing the VaBurPer that I had been smoking, it really is a nice contrast in flavor and aroma. Nice room note and with no toppings or casings,... just letting the tobaccos sing. :D
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

This one came out real purdy. Tried to take the liner out of the press with it but some careful and well placed :lol: hammer blows with the screw plunger loosened it up nicely
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 pm This one came out real purdy. Tried to take the liner out of the press with it but some careful and well placed :lol: hammer blows with the screw plunger loosened it up nicely
That one has the "magic" in it? Looks nice.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 pm This one came out real purdy. Tried to take the liner out of the press with it but some careful and well placed :lol: hammer blows with the screw plunger loosened it up nicely
Yessir that's the one with the little bit of casing with the magic sauce that will hopefully help glue it together
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:48 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Yessir that's the one with the little bit of casing with the magic sauce that will hopefully help glue it together
Glad you tried it first.. I will let you be the guinea pig :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Here's a quick cut shot since I wanted to get a feel for the moisture level to try it out this evening. Definitely feels more locked together than pressings without the glue
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 pm Here's a quick cut shot since I wanted to get a feel for the moisture level to try it out this evening. Definitely feels more locked together than pressings without the glue
Nice! ;)
BriarPipeNYC

Hello, fellow pipe smokers....

I'm a big fan of "hybrid" blending, using commercially available, professionally mixed tobaccos as a "base" and then adding some additional mixtures or blending tobaccos to create a new, unique, customized blend to call my own. So far I created two blends that I want to share with the forum members:

"PLEASANT MOMENTS"

Base: Lane Ltd. "HGL" (Captain Black with Latakia)

10 ounces HGL
2 ounces mild Cigar-Leaf
2 ounces match "Elizabethan"
2 ounces Cube-Cut Burley #41
(Optional: 1-2 ounces Lane Ltd "BCA")

Mix well and let age for at least 1 month in a container... to blend all the flavors. Excellent, mild, smooth and creamy mouth feel, great aroma. Easy to smoke, easy to stay lit, and sniffers love the fragrance of the thick smoke. Just enough Latakia and Perique to make a complex blending of flavors. Cigar-leaf adds some added interest. Creamy, vanilla with hints of coffee and chocolate. Definitely not like any aromatics. ( Additional "BCA" for more caramel/vanilla taste and aroma).

***************************************************************************************************************************

"BENEDICTION"

1 Part Wilke's "High Hat"
1 Part Petrer Stokkebye's" Luxury Bullseye Flake"

Rub out the flake and mix well with the stronger English "High Hat"... Unique aroma, and the LBF mellows out any rough edges from the classic Wilke's mixture, "High Hat" A little ballsy, but still pleasant, and smokes easy enough to please the English lovers. Aroma/flavor is unique...not harsh. Latakia, while there, is in the background, along with the sparky Perique. [ Va-Per/English] Very nice.

Enjoy!