What’s your wild dream?

9 Iron
Founding Member

Most guys I’ve ever met who’ve been around the block a bit have a dream or two of where they’d live and what they’d do if suddenly they had the cash to pull the plug and just go. You know, you no longer have to worry about earning or supporting, you can just settle in a place and live the life you’d like to live when you don’t have to worry about anything anymore.

For me, it would be either a cabin in the mountains somewhere near a good trout stream, or living on one of those converted trawler yachts in the northwest where you just motor around through beautiful places and drop anchor for a week or two whenever you feel the urge.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

9 Iron wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:06 pm Most guys I’ve ever met who’ve been around the block a bit have a dream or two of where they’d live and what they’d do if suddenly they had the cash to pull the plug and just go. You know, you no longer have to worry about earning or supporting, you can just settle in a place and live the life you’d like to live when you don’t have to worry about anything anymore.

For me, it would be either a cabin in the mountains somewhere near a good trout stream, or living on one of those converted trawler yachts in the northwest where you just motor around through beautiful places and drop anchor for a week or two whenever you feel the urge.
Yep, cabin in the woods for me too. I could definitely get used to the smell of pine and spruce in the air, as well as a nice little fishin' hole where I'd smoke my pipe and sip on a few beers while watching for a nibble. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Anywhere but here... California is an insane race to zero, and not business friendly in the least. So anything from a modest house in a free state to an isolated cabin sounds like heaven to me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I'm gonna buy a pineapple farm in the Phillipines.. Just gonna smoke.. Chill.. Eat pineapples and be merry!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

I’m not sure what state but...

I’d buy a carp ton of land, build a home in the middle of it and call Domino’s and DARE them to try to get me a pizza within 1/2 an hr.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm fhappy where I'm at, I would probably buy a sailboat and go from there. We live a stones throw from a nice Marina so parking wouldn't be an issue.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm happy where I'm at. When you cross that old' Red River hoss, you'll know what I'm talking about.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:26 am I'm happy where I'm at. When you cross that old' Red River hoss, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Hat tips to Waylon
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I am a migrant farm worker in the fields of the Lord. I go where I am called.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

:uh:

Wrong thread
Last edited by Islayphile on Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.