What Are You Snuffing™

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:23 pm
houtenziel wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:37 am Can you guys recommend any milder snuff for a newb to try? I am intrigued and want to give it a go. I've been looking around the web and so far I've seen Viking Blonde, any of the Silver Dollar stuff, McChrystals, and a few SG's recommended as being on the milder side. Given that there are some snuffers right here at home, I figured I'd ask here and see what you think.
Check out Silver Dollar Cola, light, good flavor, and easy to use. Like smelling flowers, you just want to pull it in, not up. Their Raspberry is good but also menthol, lots of snuff seems to have it. McChrystals is good stuff. Original and Genuine is a classic. I love Aztec, it's like a chocolate/mocha flower. It's so cheap just grab whatever intriques you, yet to find one I would never do again.
Cool! One question I've yet to see answered anywhere.. as far as nic strength goes, how does most of it compare to pipe?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

It depends, just like pipe tobacco. Some snuff is stronger than others. If you're ready for a break but can't smoke a couple bumps will take care of you until then. Get some strong stuff if you're looking for a wake up kick.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:37 pm It depends, just like pipe tobacco. Some snuff is stronger than others. If you're ready for a break but can't smoke a couple bumps will take care of you until then. Get some strong stuff if you're looking for a wake up kick.
Agreed

I haven’t tried a snuff that I didn’t like.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Had my first try with McChrystal's Original(found it at my local head shop). It's an interesting sensation, that's for sure.. I like it. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Cheeta followed by Toque USA Lime followed by Mild Lemon.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:39 am Had my first try with McChrystal's Original(found it at my local head shop). It's an interesting sensation, that's for sure.. I like it. :D
Welcome to a whole other world.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Islayphile wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:50 am
houtenziel wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:39 am Had my first try with McChrystal's Original(found it at my local head shop). It's an interesting sensation, that's for sure.. I like it. :D
Indeed. This McChrystal's must be pretty mild stuff, because I have had 3-4 pinches already this morning and it's just sort of maintaining. I can usually smoke a bowl of burley and be set for 4 hours or so.. I guess I do usually spend about an hour smoking though :D
I can see getting SAD(snuff acquisition disorder) in my future.
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:53 am
Indeed. This McChrystal's must be pretty mild stuff, because I have had 3-4 pinches already this morning and it's just sort of maintaining. I can usually smoke a bowl of burley and be set for 4 hours or so.. I guess I do usually spend about an hour smoking though :D
The best part is that it’s cheap and it lasts a long time too.

And there is a lot variety out there too.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Cheeta and Super Kailash
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:53 am
Nice, so you order more yet? The mild stuff you can sort of keep shoveling in, the stronger stuff too if you can handle it. With a light blend, especially if it has great but fleeting scent, it's not unexpected to take a pinch about every fifteen minutes.