Favorite MM Model

Scap

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:15 pm
Scap wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:12 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 pm My favorite MM model is the Mark Twain followed by the Markus.

I enlarge the bore on all my MM's . . . with these models I maintain a conical profile.

Both (as all MM's) smoke extremely well.

-sp
I have an MT heading my way, should be here Tuesday since UPS is taking their sweet time, how would I go about boring it out?
I have a 3/4 in drill bit. I have also used a sandpaper drum on a dremel with great success.
Awesome, I'll look into doing that. I figured there's was some special reamer like you'd use to chamber a specific caliber to a gun barrel.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:15 pm
Scap wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:12 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 pm My favorite MM model is the Mark Twain followed by the Markus.

I enlarge the bore on all my MM's . . . with these models I maintain a conical profile.

Both (as all MM's) smoke extremely well.

-sp
I have an MT heading my way, should be here Tuesday since UPS is taking their sweet time, how would I go about boring it out?
I have a 3/4 in drill bit. I have also used a sandpaper drum on a dremel with great success.
Similar to Father, I use a variable speed electric drill with a graduated conical bit, move to a rotary file and finish with sandpaper. I use this technique for the MT and Markus, for other models I use a ~ 7/8" rotary file (ball) and sandpaper.

All of my MM pipes have been modified in this fashion (bore) plus the addition of longer stems.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I like the Great Dane. I have mine for aromatics. Smokes nice. I also have the Country Gentleman and the Freehand. But the Great Dane is my favorite.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
CoreyR
Founding Member

I loved the Great Dane Eggbut they did away with it. I loved and now like the CGs with a vulcanite stem but the new Charles Town Cobblers have become my favorites MMs, hands down.
Of course, I like, pretty much, any cob from MM. They are just good. :0]
Wooda
Founding Member

Missouri pride with an upgraded stem. Danish or otherwise.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:32 pm
I think [mention]Kevin Keith[/mention] 's favorite model is the Roxy.
You think right my friend!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I have a strong preference for decent sized chambers, hardwood plugs, and Vulcanite stems. And I'm a sucker for Bamboo shanks on them. Have even modified some of the mini MM to have plugs and Vulcanite. I like them all?
avid

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 pm I like them all?
sorry that is not a valid answer please try again 8-)
insufferable filter guy
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

avid wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 pm I like them all?
sorry that is not a valid answer please try again 8-)
I’ll help the good Monk on this...

His favorite is whichever one he happens to be smoking at the time.
Surlywill

Country Gentleman with a danish bit. I modify the bottom of the bowl with a dremel and use pipe mud. Makes a great smoking pipe with a large bowl.
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein