Law Enforcement Appreciation Week

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Hey guys, just want to bring awareness to everyone that this week is law enforcement appreciation week. These guys have a very tough job to do and it's never been more dangerous for them than now, which hits home for me since 2 of my family members are officers (and an ex Brother-In-Law who was one of my Sister's better choices in men ;) ). I know that no one likes speeding tickets and like in any profession not every officer is necessarily a good person but the guys in blue can use our support and respect. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Agreed! My wife's family are all in Law Enforcement and my FIL is a retired Chief. My wife and I organized a pizza party for our local Police Department from Pack 35 Scouts. All the kids are really excited to go and get a tour.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I have friends and family scattered through the ranks of current and retired LE. The wife and I will be dropping off various cupcakes and whatnots to a few departments this week
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:11 pm Agreed! My wife's family are all in Law Enforcement and my FIL is a retired Chief. My wife and I organized a pizza party for our local Police Department from Pack 35 Scouts. All the kids are really excited to go and get a tour.
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 pm I have friends and family scattered through the ranks of current and retired LE. The wife and I will be dropping off various cupcakes and whatnots to a few departments this week
Cool! I occasionally cook BBQ for our local Department, my sister works with the wife of one of the officers and through her and her husband I've gotten to know several of the other officers, they're a good bunch of guys and gals. :D
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

As a retired law enforcement officer I'll be remembering the many friends who I've worked with that have gone on to that Bailiwick in the sky and Ill keep current officers in my thoughts and prayers.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Ray Mackessy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:15 pm As a retired law enforcement officer I'll be remembering the many friends who I've worked with that have gone on to that Bailiwick in the sky and Ill keep current officers in my thoughts and prayers.
Amen!
Bamarick

Ray Mackessy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:15 pm As a retired law enforcement officer I'll be remembering the many friends who I've worked with that have gone on to that Bailiwick in the sky and Ill keep current officers in my thoughts and prayers.
I had a cousin killed while on duty in Birmingham AL. He was shot by a man he knew & had dealt with many times before, but before died he & his partner emptied their revolvers into the bad guy.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I've got my thin blue line flag hanging on the back door of my place, (that's the door that faces the main street ;) ), that way all those who pass by can see it!