PSF Song of the Day

Whalehead King

Flashback Machine!!!! Prepare to be amazed.

Knock on wood...

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:12 pm I've been around the world looking for someone to talk with about pipe smoking, ay, ay, ay ay....

I haven't heard that in awhile!
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:13 pm I love this song:

An accordion is a sure fire way to have a hit.

That is an interesting one... I approve! :clap:
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Have I played any Heilung yet? I'm not looking, they're too amazing, I'll just leave this here.

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Preacher1611 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:17 pm Have I played any Heilung yet? I'm not looking, they're too amazing, I'll just leave this here.

This is like the weirdness of Björk, but with a viking metal twist to it. I approve! Heilung means "healing" in German btw.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Heilung is amazing!

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Yeah, they're pretty amazing! Let's do another one for today:

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

We've been slacking here:

Whalehead King

This first video is a kind of a song if you keep watching all 10 minutes. The drums. The tambourines. The crowds. This is New Orleans on Mardi Gras day in the back neighborhoods. It has nothing to do with Bourbon Street and drunk tourists, girls lifting their shirts to catch beads. New Orleans is more than you know. It is more richly textured and densely woven on the real streets than you'll know until you come here. 9th Ward! NINTH WARD.

This whole video is one song to me because I live here. This is culture. 9th Ward Black Hatchets. Big Chief, you better come. Big Queen, make 'em bow.

8 minutes 3 seconds. You can't police a bird. This is where I live. I love it here. It's not pretending. This is real. New Orleans is real.

People ask me why I love where I live. It is impossible to describe what it is like to live in New Orleans. There is a rhythm to live here that defies anything captured on Spotify. This whole video is one song. I love New Orleans.

This second video is what it is, from 2014. Super Sunday. You have to live here to know what it means. You have to visit here to experience it and really get it.

God has blessed New Orleans. It is all good.

I'm in a New Orleans state of mind tonight. More typical 'Song of the Day' posts to follow. I was talking to a Mardi Gras Indian Big Chief today so I thought it would be appropriate to share a smidgeon of what the Indians are like with my PSF friends. Get your good selves to New Orleans and get yourselves into an authentic world that is very different from where you live. New Orleans is a city rich and ripe with the stuff from which good memories are made.
Whalehead King

The best concert I ever attended. Madison Square Garden, New York City. They ROCKED: