What Are You Snuffing™

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:04 pm Sounds weird but the McChrystal's seems to be preventing my seasonal allergies.. So naturally I've be keeping at it. I am not sure if it's the menthol, or maybe the protective layer of tobacco dust that's doing it.. but I will take it either way.

By the way, you fellas that have ordered from Mr. Snuff - what's the normal lead time on a shipment? I haven't even seen a shipping notice, and the order was placed 4 days ago now.
You're using OG? I could see that and few others being beneficial for allergies. There was a time once when you would have been prescribed it. From the McChrystals site

"Physicians made great claims for it, prescribing snuff for headaches, insomnia, toothache, coughs and colds and recommending it as a measure against contagion."

Also learned Napoleon sniffed seven pounds of snuff up his nose every month! Damn!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 pm
houtenziel wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:04 pm Sounds weird but the McChrystal's seems to be preventing my seasonal allergies.. So naturally I've be keeping at it. I am not sure if it's the menthol, or maybe the protective layer of tobacco dust that's doing it.. but I will take it either way.

By the way, you fellas that have ordered from Mr. Snuff - what's the normal lead time on a shipment? I haven't even seen a shipping notice, and the order was placed 4 days ago now.
You're using OG? I could see that and few others being beneficial for allergies. There was a time once when you would have been prescribed it. From the McChrystals site

"Physicians made great claims for it, prescribing snuff for headaches, insomnia, toothache, coughs and colds and recommending it as a measure against contagion."

Also learned Napoleon sniffed seven pounds of snuff up his nose every month! Damn!
Yep, Original & Genuine. It has been interesting, as I normally wake up stuffed up during the spring months(Willamette Valley is brutal allergy-wise), but since using this stuff I have been clear and stay clear all day.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Cheers to that. Oh, back to your question I forgot to answer. Don't know about any shipping notice but if you go to your orders it should say if it's shipped, usually the next business day. That's all, no notification, no tracking, it just ships. It'll show up within the month, usually just shy of two weeks.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

SG Irish D
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Super Chetak followed by Super Kailash
Peacock

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:23 pm
houtenziel wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:37 am Can you guys recommend any milder snuff for a newb to try? I am intrigued and want to give it a go. I've been looking around the web and so far I've seen Viking Blonde, any of the Silver Dollar stuff, McChrystals, and a few SG's recommended as being on the milder side. Given that there are some snuffers right here at home, I figured I'd ask here and see what you think.
Check out Silver Dollar Cola, light, good flavor, and easy to use. Like smelling flowers, you just want to pull it in, not up. Their Raspberry is good but also menthol, lots of snuff seems to have it. McChrystals is good stuff. Original and Genuine is a classic. I love Aztec, it's like a chocolate/mocha flower. It's so cheap just grab whatever intriques you, yet to find one I would never do again.
Ahh this is where I sourced some of my first order today - Islayphile informed me of free shipping at Mr. Snuff and I made off like a bandit for $26. Included the Silver Dollar cola and McC's O&G and Aztec. Plus the 8g sampler pack from 6photo. Thanks dude!
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 pm
houtenziel wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:37 am Can you guys recommend any milder snuff for a newb to try? I am intrigued and want to give it a go. I've been looking around the web and so far I've seen Viking Blonde, any of the Silver Dollar stuff, McChrystals, and a few SG's recommended as being on the milder side. Given that there are some snuffers right here at home, I figured I'd ask here and see what you think.
Check out Silver Dollar Cola, light, good flavor, and easy to use. Like smelling flowers, you just want to pull it in, not up. Their Raspberry is good but also menthol, lots of snuff seems to have it. McChrystals is good stuff. Original and Genuine is a classic. I love Aztec, it's like a chocolate/mocha flower. It's so cheap just grab whatever intriques you, yet to find one I would never do again.
Ahh this is where I sourced some of my first order today - Islayphile informed me of free shipping at Mr. Snuff and I made off like a bandit for $26. Included the Silver Dollar cola and McC's O&G and Aztec. Plus the 8g sampler pack from 6photo. Thanks dude!
Nice! You made out better than I did. I was actually sitting smoking yesterday and realized that I hadn't seen you around for a while. Glad to see ya.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

WoS No.22

Peacock

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 am
Nice! You made out better than I did. I was actually sitting smoking yesterday and realized that I hadn't seen you around for a while. Glad to see ya.
Thanks buddy! So what's the word on your snuff journey? Waiting on my Mr. Snuff order now I wanna know all about it. How long did it take before you weren't gagging on too big of bumps sucked down too hard? Learning curve similar to pipes? Give me the deets!
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:49 am
houtenziel wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 am
Thanks buddy! So what's the word on your snuff journey? Waiting on my Mr. Snuff order now I wanna know all about it. How long did it take before you weren't gagging on too big of bumps sucked down too hard? Learning curve similar to pipes? Give me the deets!
My order hasn't arrived quite yet, but I managed to find some McChrystals O&G at a local head shop here in town. I've been snuffing that basically non-stop since I got it in my mitts. First couple bumps were sniffed a bit too hard, but it didn't take long to figure it out. I think the learning curve is waaaay simpler than pipes(and the price of entry way lower). I smoked a pipe for two years before I really figured out what was going on, and snuff only took me a few hours. I dig it enough that it has supplanted a few of my daily bowls.
― Theodore Roosevelt