New .380

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bamarick wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 pm That's a good find! I have 2 CZs from Czechoslovakia, a CZ 70 in 32acp & CZ 52 in 7.62X25. I haven't shot either in some time. I have also owned several Mosin Nagant Rifles over the years, but I've given most of those to my Grandsons.
CZ makes some of my favorites. CZ P-07 was my carry gun for a long time(heavily based on the CZ-75). CZ-70 and 52 are both great guns. I've shot the 52 a fair amount.. lots of power in that Tokarev round!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:50 pm A good friend of mine knows I sort of have a soft spot for old soviet block guns. He surprised me a couple days ago with this little Russian made Makarov. It was still even covered in cosmoline! :lol:
This one is chambered for .380 instead of the 9mm Makarov cartridge(which is a bit of a blessing given that 9mm Mak is a pain to find). I've not shot it yet, but if it's like any of other Maks I've shot, it should be a good one. Really should have wiped the oily fingerprints off of the slide/frame before taking the photo, but oh well..
Nice! Looks like something a KGB agent would've had on his ankle! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
9 Iron
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:42 pm CZ makes some of my favorites.
Big CZ fan here too. My PCR is my favorite 9mm.

Middle Earth

I like the 380
Especially with the Underwood Penetrator ammunition
For me, it is the only reasonable choice for carry
Nice score
CZ is rightly held in high regard
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Sweet addition. I got into gunsmithing several years ago and really wanted to find an old Makarov to fix up. I'd go to all the pawnshops and gunsmith shops around to find old junkers they'd let go cheap, but never found a Makarov. Found plenty of U.S. Revolvers and H&R top break small frame revolvers, so I picked up a couple of those for fun. Not as cool as a Mak, though. Grats!
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Longshanks wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:13 am Sweet addition. I got into gunsmithing several years ago and really wanted to find an old Makarov to fix up. I'd go to all the pawnshops and gunsmith shops around to find old junkers they'd let go cheap, but never found a Makarov. Found plenty of U.S. Revolvers and H&R top break small frame revolvers, so I picked up a couple of those for fun. Not as cool as a Mak, though. Grats!
Generally folks that get them in their hands tend to keep them. I actually had a Bulgarian made one that I regret getting rid of. I actually went back to the gun shop I traded it to two days later to buy it back, and it was gone. This Ruskie built one is nice, but the Bulgarian and German ones are amazing. I had a Walther PPK for a while, and I would take a Bulgarian/German Mak over one of those any day.
I love the fact that you can fully detail strip the entire gun with no tools.. :thumbs:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:33 am
Longshanks wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:13 am Sweet addition. I got into gunsmithing several years ago and really wanted to find an old Makarov to fix up. I'd go to all the pawnshops and gunsmith shops around to find old junkers they'd let go cheap, but never found a Makarov. Found plenty of U.S. Revolvers and H&R top break small frame revolvers, so I picked up a couple of those for fun. Not as cool as a Mak, though. Grats!
Generally folks that get them in their hands tend to keep them. I actually had a Bulgarian made one that I regret getting rid of. I actually went back to the gun shop I traded it to two days later to buy it back, and it was gone. This Ruskie built one is nice, but the Bulgarian and German ones are amazing. I had a Walther PPK for a while, and I would take a Bulgarian/German Mak over one of those any day.
I love the fact that you can fully detail strip the entire gun with no tools.. :thumbs:
Yep... my dad has one, possibly two in his collection. Needless to say, he hasn't let me do more than lay eyes on one of them. Guess I'll be waiting awhile before I can shoot it. :lol:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bamarick

A nearby Pawn Shop I used to frequent bought cases of the MAKs and if I remember right they sold for around $200.00. I never bought one because of the oddball caliber and the scarcity of the ammo. Now I wish I had bought a dozen!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Those are nice. Very durable as with anything Soviet designed. Mine is 9mm Mak with fixed sights. Since it’s direct blowback be ready for a little muzzle jump. Great gun.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
avid

interesting...exotic taste
insufferable filter guy