Price is what you pay

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

avid wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:47 pm @brylon_royale...nope don’t work
:lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

sisyphus wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:45 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 pm
houtenziel wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 pm [mention]sisyphus[/mention] It seems to be working for me now!
How'd you do that?
If you're not on a phone or tablet, when you type in @ and at least two letters of a username you get a drop box of user names that match
Having tried that a number of times over the year I just assumed it was a function reserved to the moderator.
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

[mention]Thelonious monkfish[/mention]
You can also wrap a name in the mention tag if you are on mobile.

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
sisyphus
Person of Interest

it's an oversight on my part. The mentions system is an add on and not built in to the software. The makers of extensions for this forum software generally have settings for their extension that appear on a page in the back end, so you know where to look for all the settings for any add ons you are running. In this particular extension the maker injected an on/off switch for mentions into the forum proper settings, so unless you were looking for them they were buried in with all the native settings under user permissions. An oversight on my part, I just assumed it worked for everyone because it always has for me. Fixed now and [mention]Whalehead King[/mention] I am really sorry for derailing your thread.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

avid wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 pm
How'd you do that?
If you're not on a phone or tablet, when you type in @ and at least two letters of a username you get a drop box of user names that match
Having tried that a number of times over the year I just assumed it was a function reserved to the moderator.
Wrong again!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

[mention]houtenziel[/mention]

I don't know what my computer is or how it works, some sort of laptop?

Sorry, King!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

[mention]sisyphus[/mention] it now works great for me (chrome on Android) thank you
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:56 pm
avid wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Wrong again!
When was I wrong the first time? I’ve come a long way so far in 2019 without being wrong
insufferable filter guy
IMpipedude
Founding Member

I've built a gorgeous (at least in my eyes) collection of old Dr. Grabows , Yello-Boles, Custom-Bilts and various other brands at a tiny fraction of what a collection of high grades would cost. Most of them required some refurbishing, but I enjoyed that process as well. Overall, the ratio of value to price was very high.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

@KevinKeith you must have an upmarket system.
The Troll Whisperer